Be honest, did anyone else notice "sleepy" Max?

I was thinking he was high, and got ready to hear him popping for THC. Never thought concussion. It does make more sense though.

I thought the same thing. Saw him on the Embedded where he runs into Cormier and was thinking Max looked high but I figured there was no way he’s he smoking this close to the fight and weigh ins. Eyes were extremely glassy. Guess we know why now

I thought he seemed odd in the videos but chalked it up to fatigue, etc. Max is a quirky fellow with some strange mannerisms to begin with. Bisping's comment caught my attention the most.

Max is a quirky fellow with some strange mannerisms to begin with.

May be he got that way because of concussions

Then again this is Hawaii, you can’t rule out recreational stuff. BJ was notorious for this lifestyle

Sounds like he is popping pills or something. Deff looked high. Pretty crazy if weight cut does that to you.

I just watched this and dang...he looks completely out of it. I believe he's concussed right here. I've never seen someone look sleepy af due to weight cuts, other than being exhausted. But I've seen a lot of people concussed where they're drowsy looking and all they want to do is lay down, which of course is the opposite of what a concussed person should be doing.

He’s awfully young to be showing overt symptoms of TBI. Hopefully Max and his team are smart enough tap the breaks or encourage early retirement. I’d hate to see him end up like Gary Goodridge.

I thought he was just out of it from a bad weight cut. Although I have noticed over the last year he seems to be slurring words more, starting to almost talk like Nate Diaz.

That Megan Olivi interview with Max was hard to watch. Max might have a peculiar dialect, but he's normally quite switched on when he's dealing with the media. It's all very worrying from someone who's not even ten years into their pro career yet.

His face is drooping. My uneducated medical advice for him would be take 1 year off from any sparring and rest.

I just thought he was tired and had just gotten off the plane or something.

I wouldn't have noticed it at all had Bisping not pointed it out. I watch those embedded's on youtube, and he seems to always slur his speech, kinda like that Gaethje. Really hoping it isn't something serious, because I really want to see Max and Ortega fight, and I also want to see Max vs Khabib fight. I wouldn't mind Ortega vs Khabib either... I think Brian has an edge on Khabib with his striking, but who knows when he ends up on the ground.

I was extremely worried when he started talking like Nate Diaz, I thought it was clear he had similar levels of brain damage.

I didn't notice but after it was pointed out it was blatantly obvious like one of those illusion pictures once you see it you wonder how you missed it to start with.

Whenever I hear "concussion like symptoms" I cringe. It makes me think of TJ Grant (Was about to get a title shot, then never fought again)

He looked really bad on Embedded when he ran into DC

i just thought he was baked tbh

Back