Be honest, did anyone else notice "sleepy" Max?

definitely. did you not catch his right eye trailing off right as the florian, bisping interview started? hope the best for max.

Last edited:
nope because i don't watch them and neither would i really have paid attention to it unless someone highlighted it

watched one video and he seems a bit dazed but you could just think it's the schedule/jet lag/sleeping issues/weight cut etc

I was watching his ufc tonight video with Florian and Bisping on YouTube last night and I thought to myself this dude must have smoked a fat bowl, and I scrolled to the comments and saw he was out.

I hope the guy gets healthy and gets back to doing what he loves.

#BestIsBlessed

This shit is not good. He had to have had some lingering concussion symptoms from this camp or something. That video from his open workout is crazy.

Max, and a lot of fighters "slur" their words. Did he seem anymore "concussed" then any other fighter for 226? Not imo. Stipe always sounds/looks like he's half asleep to me.

I've said this several times, I wonder if him making weight was going to be an issue, and MAYBE this was a safer way to save face. I'm not saying Max is ducking Ortega, but missing weight twice in a row (Habib), especially in a title fight, looks very very bad...this concussion thing is a much easier option. But, who knows for sure.

I sure did, from the Olivi interview on. But I thought he was just constantly blazing it up or taking xannies all day.

I was a 100% sure he was high AF! rather than punchdrunk.
I would like to know the details from hes camp. Hes been praised in the MMA media as the best striker in MMA after Aldo 2, so he probobly flew in som high Level strikers that put a beating on him through out camp.... MMA striking is not elite in terms of world wide striking diceplins.. now Im just speculating but It would be interesting to know who tagged up the "best" striker in all of MMA.
Mabey Conor isnt that dumb after all.. using a very bad striker as hes main sparring partner.

Would you get flagged for opiates or xannies by pre-fight testing?
Anti depressents of all kind of sorts is legal.. Its super wiered and dangoures but its not on the ban list.
Only problem is that they retain water.. a lot of water!

Noticed something was up when he did the sitdown interview with megan

I thought he was stonned at the beginning :D

fucking crazy, some of you thought he was high, and all sorts of other shit, how the fuck does his camp not pull this fight much earlier.... like wtf... To them it should have been even more clear since they hang around this guy all day every day.... Its situations like this that frustrate me.... He could of been pulled a week ago... im sure he did not get a concussion dieting....

On the interview video I noticed that one of his eyes was bigger than the other. I thought he was just unattractive but noted that I hadn’t seen this before.

In severe injuries, the forces are so great that they actually tear apart circuits deep inside the brain. "It's the disruption of these circuits that is believed to cause sleep-wake disturbances," Edlow says.

But these circuits don't appear to be damaged in mild concussions, he says. "So there may be some other mechanism at work."

The challenge now, Edlow says, is to figure out what that mechanism is.

Time for Max to be a LW. The weight cut messed him up.

Honestly he always seemed that way to me with the mannerisms and what not

Looked like he blew a 30 and smoked a blunt while being dehydrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back