BCAAs

JerseyTrash

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I've looked around a bit, and haven't found much info on these. A few friends have told me that branch chain amino acids are great, but I'm fairly skeptical of most supplements. What do you think? Anyone have any recommendations?

A decent quality whey protein should have 5-10g of BCAAs per scoop. And it has the added benefit of not tasting like ass.

No problem.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

they're a good supp imo. they don't taste the best and a lot of brands don't dissolve well which adds to the bad taste

A decent quality whey protein should have 5-10g of BCAAs per scoop. And it has the added benefit of not tasting like ass.

oh really? mine has 25g... at op, they make your muscles get bigger and stronger faster, take 'em! take lots of them!

i get like 60g every workout day between 2 shakes and my preworkout thingy, and i have been recovering after heavy workouts faster than wolverine, lol... hope everyone gets the reference... i'm a nerd...

oh really? mine has 25g... at op, they make your muscles get bigger and stronger faster, take 'em! take lots of them!

i get like 60g every workout day between 2 shakes and my preworkout thingy, and i have been recovering after heavy workouts faster than wolverine, lol... hope everyone gets the reference... i'm a nerd...

i think you are mixing up protein grams and bcaa grams. the total protein in a scoop of protein powder is about 25g, but the grams of bcaa's in that scoop is far less than 25g per scoop as protein is not made up 100% of bcaa's.

i think you are mixing up protein grams and bcaa grams. the total protein in a scoop of protein powder is about 25g, but the grams of bcaa's in that scoop is far less than 25g per scoop as protein is not made up 100% of bcaa's.

well, it's not JUST protein, lol, it's got added BCAA's and stuff. it's MASSPEAK, i love it :)

4 scoops + 16oz whole milk and it's got 66g protein, 25g BCAA's, and over 1000cals. ultra-recovery and bulking shake.

well, it's not JUST protein, lol, it's got added BCAA's and stuff. it's MASSPEAK, i love it :)

4 scoops + 16oz whole milk and it's got 66g protein, 25g BCAA's, and over 1000cals. ultra-recovery and bulking shake.

okay. never heard of that product and thought that you were referring to a regular protein scoop that has your typical 25g or so grams of protein, not a mass gainer.

if it's working for you, keep with it

I've looked around a bit, and haven't found much info on these. A few friends have told me that branch chain amino acids are great, but I'm fairly skeptical of most supplements. What do you think? Anyone have any recommendations?

they have an uncanny ability to mess with your brain chemicals. self medication, bro.

skip the refined aminos and carbs.

i like universal nutritions' beef aminos and their uni-liver..pills galore and great prices too

There are studies that show BCAA's and or EAA's are more anabolic alone as opposed to a protein powder.

i like xtend for price but purple wrath for it's inclusion of beta alinine. also ICE is good. The bulk stuff never seems to mix well and the aftertaste sucks, even with crystal light. i have tried them all.

I bought a tub of 500 Reflex BCAA tabs about 2 months ago. 6 a serving, and I still have 100 left as I pretty much take them when I can be bothered. Good for preventing DOMS yet not worth the 25 quid that I paid when I could get 2k of cheap whey for that.

IMO creatine, oats and whey are all I'm gonna stick to now. Other supps will be a multi, fish oil and caffeine. I'm no expert but I hate to waste money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back