BBC turns Doctor Who into a Women

There is a reason that movies put in place a Joe every man character in every movie even when one does not make sense. Young white men should be allowed to escape into a narrative where they are the hero just as much as anyone else and what appears to be a deliberate attack on young men's traditional institutions is not something to be lauded. Rather creatives should aspire to create new narratives for persons of color and women.

We live in a age where Western men are under assault by the media. The media wants to destroy our heros.
So we have nothing to aspire or escape to. I call on all of you to boycott the show based upon this and last seasons shoddy writing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40624288

Dr. Who cares?

I get what you're saying about Doctor Who and that's neither here nor there for me as I don't watch the show so don't really care that much.

THAT said, wouldn't you argue though a show like Blindspot by NBC where they have a female Navy SEAL (hint, SEALs are still, as of now, all male units) is a bit.. well, off. I have no problem with women being represented as badass fighters and shit but don't say she's a SEAL when women can't serve in the unit.

It's kinda like how Battlefield 1 has black dudes fighting for the Germans.

Are you talking about WWII?

The Wehrmacht had blacks. Hitler frequently complained about Jews bringing negroes into Germany.

Also, black athletes at the 1936 Olympics returned home absolutely dumbfounded that they were treated better and had more rights in Nazi fucking Germany than in America.

Are you talking about WWII?

The Wehrmacht had blacks. Hitler frequently complained about Jews bringing negroes into Germany.

Also, black athletes at the 1936 Olympics returned home absolutely dumbfounded that they were treated better and had more rights in Nazi fucking Germany than in America.
Battlefield 1 is in WWI not WWII.

We live in a era when most suicides are male and the rates are rising. Most victims of the opoid epidemic are male. College is dramatically esqued towards higher rates of completion. And that is the attitude given is to buck up chaps. Well that is attitude is killing are young men.

Lot's of angry men on the internet railing about the male suicide rate, spend their time attacking women instead of trying to help men.

_96965516_doctor_1.jpg

Apparently the actress playing the part also sees this as a statement by "teh liberal media".

Sounds to me like she's begging morons on the internet to not reflexively attack anything that changes. Read it again.

Lot's of angry men on the internet railing about the male suicide rate, spend their time attacking women instead of trying to help men.
Can't help people thinking about suicide if they don't say anything or you don't know it's coming.

This men's rights movement is like the most pussy bullshit I've ever seen.

This men's rights movement is like the most pussy bullshit I've ever seen.

Only beta males would feel like they are victims. The rest of us are out there winning it every day with no fake victim delusions.

That's not true at all.
Then what do we do? Unless you can spot warning signs which generally there isn't very many unless the person is just looking for attention there's not much to do.

Then what do we do? Unless you can spot warning signs which generally there isn't very many unless the person is just looking for attention there's not much to do.

Jfc and smh. This is a serious topic so maybe you should do some reading.

Sounds to me like she's begging morons on the internet to not reflexively attack anything that changes. Read it again.
My statement is that she, and her producers, are making a statement. No more no less. Do we disagree?

The last guy was a bit transgender looking so this might just be a natural progression.

bf5aeb68-7542-4c4c-86a9-4e37bf19b63f.jpg

My statement is that she, and her producers, are making a statement. No more no less. Do we disagree?

We agree. In the meme you posted, she's making a plea for fans not to be fuckwits. A very diplomatic statement, imo.

A white, thin woman with no disabilities?

The BBC are letting their standards slip.

I've been watching the show since the sixties. My favourite Doctor was Patrick Troughton, the second Doctor.
The most recent one really looked the part, i thought.
I knew at some time he'd become a she!
It's the pc world i'm afraid. Next time, after a couple of seasons the Doctor will be asian or black i imagine.
It's not gonna put me off watching the show though, why would it?

Men aren't under attack either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back