BBC news - Anthony Joshua signs Wembley Stadium fight deal for September and April

Honestly it would not make me happier to see Povetkin beat AJ....that would be hilarious for all involved.
It would be very bad for the sport to have a confirmed cheat become a unified titlist by defeating AJ and ruining the would-have-been undisputed match-up with Wilder.

I think though that besides povetkins obvious previous ped history he gets a raw deal. He has pissed hot absolutely and is a twat hammock for doing so. But the man has also only lost to wlad in a fight where wlad should have clearly been warned and disqualified ten times over. Anyone who hasn't seen wlad vs povetkin should watch it to see how much of a cheating bastard wlad could be.

Not taking anything away from wlad as champ but fucking hell that fight was a joke.
Correct on all accounts imo.

It would be very bad for the sport to have a confirmed cheat become a unified titlist by defeating AJ and ruining the would-have-been undisputed match-up with Wilder.

LOL please give it up with the "cheating" bs....all of these guys are on PEDS and i don't care whats "good for the sport." I think AJ is the jon jones of boxing we will have to wait and see.

You know who's killing boxing? people who think its ok fo all these guys dip, duck and dodge to build up a mega fight.....these boys need to fight and they all need to fight eachother it's their job not this floyd mayweather bs where fights get kicked down the road until the timing is perfect.

If you would have asked me a 3 years ago i would have told you the heavyweight division is stacked but these dudes barely fight and most of them want bums. No one fought povetkin yet and that's a shame.

Last edited:
I am kinda interested to see how this board reacts when Deontay leaves AJ convulsing on the ground when they fight

I’m an AJ fan but would love to see this happen ha ha. Is a big chance too I think, Wilder has dat power and Joshua is hittable for someone with that reach.

LOL please give it up with the "cheating" bs....all of these guys are on PEDS and i don't care whats "good for the sport." I think AJ is the jon jones of boxing we will have to wait and see.
I'm not naive. It still has to be proven. It's not that I didn't like Povetkin. I only defended him for the Meldonium positive result in the first place. He fucked up too many times now is the problem and ruining a super fight between AJ and Wilder would only be something a troll or lame fucking teenager would laugh about.

a super fight? Bro let these boys all fight eachother that would be super instead of sitting around watching all these dudes fight bums and dodge eachother...then we sit here waiting for years and years just to get a mega fight?

Honestly i think that is what is killing boxing.

a super fight? Bro let these boys all fight eachother that would be super instead of sitting around watching all these dudes fight bums and dodge eachother...then we sit here waiting for years and years just to get a mega fight?

That's the idea. AJ and Wilder fighting would be what should be happening right now. I don't see how you can wish for a fight of that magnitude to be derailed while simultaneously preaching about not seeing mega fights.

You see povetkin? That dude is fighting all the time i want to see them all doing that and I don't know whos is ducking and dodging but someone is lying. One of these dudes should have already fought povetkin and hasnt it's been far too long for both of these guys aj and wilder to take legit competition. Wilder finally has his first big fight.

I see your point it should be happening now but why isnt it happening? probably cse both of these teams read floyd mayweathers book on how to drag out being a champion lol.

You see povetkin? That dude is fighting all the time i want to see them all doing that and I don't know whos is ducking and dodging but someone is lying. One of these dudes should have already fought povetkin and hasnt it's been far too long for both of these guys aj and wilder to take legit competition. Wilder finally has his first big fight.

I see your point it should be happening now but why isnt it happening? probably cse both of these teams read floyd mayweathers book on how to drag out being a champion lol.
To be fair wilder tried to fight him but povetkin pissed hot. Now povetkin is fighting Joshua in September.

One of them would have already fought Povetkin if he could stop pissing dirty.

Maybe point the blame at the people getting fights cancelled instead of praising him.

Deontay dosent want want what? an easy 3rd or 4th round knockout against an overhyped champ thats too scared to leave his backward island?
'i had to edit myself don't want to catch the hammer for shitting on delusional brits.

Same as always .......... all mouth, AJ doesn't have to do anything, he's the multi champ, your guy should crawl over here with his hand out, problem is he's too scared to sign the contract so shut your noise.

AJ out weighs Deontay by 2 stone, just remember that, also Deontay as good as he is has a lot of holes in his game, AJ has a very good team, I'd imagine they'll come up with a good game plan.

Now that is where it may swing AJ's way, both could knock each other out, Deontay is quicker, AJ is bigger and stronger, height is within a few inches of each other.

The ex factor would be the team and game plan .......... that favors AJ.

Its a pick em fight in reality, but you get bums like you piping up talking sh*t about "brits" and that's where the arguments start.

"Brits" support AJ but we're not stupid enough to say "Deontay has no chance" etc, we think it'll be a good fight, but doughnuts like you come with "Deontay KO's him easily" and you think we're the deluded ones? AJ didn't get knocked out by Wlad the guy Deontay ducked for years did he?

............... anyway forget the talk, sign the contract, why are we having to beg your guy to man up and take the fight he said he would? thought AJ was scared? he's even bookmarked a date and a venue.

Last edited:
Like when he was across the pond to fight Povetkin but Povetkin couldnt piss clean?

No, like when Povetkin wasn't mandatory, and Wilder's team rejected an offer from Povetkin. If Povetkin hadn't become mandatory we can safely say that Wilder wouldn't have taken that fight.

By the same token, the only reason Joshua is fighting Povetkin next is because he is a mandatory.

No, like when Povetkin wasn't mandatory, and Wilder's team rejected an offer from Povetkin. If Povetkin hadn't become mandatory we can safely say that Wilder wouldn't have taken that fight.

By the same token, the only reason Joshua is fighting Povetkin next is because he is a mandatory.
True or false, Povetkin got the fight with Wilder cancelled?

True or false, Povetkin got the fight with Wilder cancelled?

The mandated fight, yes. But it doesn't change the fact that Wilder and his team rejected an offer from Povetkin before Povetkin was even his mandatory.

The mandated fight, yes. But it doesn't change the fact that Wilder and his team rejected an offer from Povetkin before Povetkin was even his mandatory.
Got a source on that? I dont recall such but its been a long time. And who did he fight instead?

Just curious are you near 40 years old ? You seem to be speaking from outdated info.

There is a combat sport dying but it's not boxing

are you taking the piss? there have been 2 unification fights in the last year and a half in the HW division and your moaning that Big fights don’t get made? We’ve also had 2 unification fights at CW and will soon have a unified champ! But no big fights happen in boxing lol

are you taking the piss? there have been 2 unification fights in the last year and a half in the HW division and your moaning that Big fights don’t get made? We’ve also had 2 unification fights at CW and will soon have a unified champ! But no big fights happen in boxing lol
To be fair the UFC had a massive fight last year with Conor mcgoober vs floyd mayweather.

Hang on a minute..

Back