BBC admits its viral “women write better code” story was fake news

As an asian nerd with a minor in Computer Science, the weird ass girls who went to CompSci didn't code shit b/c.
1. they got other nerd boys to code for them
2. girls cannot, on a mental level, understand code

Of course there are savants, like this one badass bitch that coded the Apollo lander
CqArJjQWgAEIOPw.jpg

I majored in Computer Science, and boy was that a mistake. In one of my classes I had an Asian girl help me code because I was too dumb to understand. She would try to explain it to me but I just stared at her.<mma3>

She just gave up trying to teach me and did most of it for me. I ended up dropping out because I realized I didn't belong.

What a silly conclusion to draw from the data.

As an asian nerd with a minor in Computer Science, the weird ass girls who went to CompSci didn't code shit b/c.

Of course there are savants, like this one badass bitch that coded the Apollo lander
CqArJjQWgAEIOPw.jpg

oh i'd fuck some stupid into her

bbc-women-better-code.jpg

On 12 February 2016, the BBC published an article with the ridiculous headline “Women write better code, study suggests“. This claim was a BBC exaggeration of an already questionable study, based on pull requests to Git Hub, a site which doesn’t even mention the gender of its users.

The non peer-reviewed paper and the BBC’s cherry-picking of its findings was almost instantly and comprehensively debunked online. Some key facts to note are as follows:

• There are obvious issues in attempting to identify someone’s gender online
  • There are far more male users on GitHub then one could argue that men are in fact far better at coding because far more are actually doing it and many women are missing in action. Perhaps the small number of women who get involved are marginally better on average, but they would still be vastly outnumbered by men who are equally or more capable.
  • The media have cherry-picked data from the study which also showed clear bias towards those openly identifying themselves as female in many areas.

Gender studies based on fucking GitHub pull requests <36>
https://hequal.wordpress.com/2016/1...-women-write-better-code-story-was-fake-news/

Be careful when reading anything, always fact-check things you find interesting or important.

The difference here is, BBC, being a reputable organization, said you know what guys you're right that was bullshit and we're sorry.

Real fake news sites don't care one way or the other so long as you click on the headline.

This gender identity politic crap has got to stop, especially the rise of radical feminism.

"Girls can do any job boys can do, even better."
"We can solve world hunger by empowering women." <- Not kidding you, I saw this poster at a mall.

What's next? Women have bigger penises than men? Patriarchy causes earthquakes?

I don't think you understand the second quote adequately.

It's about empowering women in impoverished societies because it's pretty damn indisputable when you have 2x the work force there is more opportunity for growth. Women also are natural caretakers so giving them more power and income in the home tends to lead to better outcomes for children.

Some of the most backward countries of the 19th and 20th centuries are now global forces or at the very least not complete shitholes because they just started letting their girls get jobs.

Stopped at "BBC admits it's viral women..."

CqArJjQWgAEIOPw.jpg

can confirm

Yea I am in cyber security and follow a lot of tech news and there is a good amount of stories, articles dealing with woman in IT world. There is a push of agenda. Kind of annoying but if it attracts more women in IT I am all for it.

quick examples
https://www.isc2.org/women-in-security-at-the-forefront-of-isc2-security-congress-2015/default.aspx

https://www.isc2cares.org/scholarships/womens-scholarship/

https://www.csc.tntech.edu/wicys/

http://cyber.nyu.edu/events/women-leaders-in-cybersecurity-conference/

Meh, today alone I've seen "women are better drivers," "women are better (film) directors," "Women have more empathy," "Women are better soccer players," and "women are better leaders" articles show up on my facebook. Hey, don't get me wrong, I believe we can compete in any of these areas outside of soccer, but the feminists really seem to be pushing their agenda leading into the new year.

To be fair, your cookies definitely are giving you custom content.

I don't think you understand the second quote adequately.

It's about empowering women in impoverished societies because it's pretty damn indisputable when you have 2x the work force there is more opportunity for growth. Women also are natural caretakers so giving them more power and income in the home tends to lead to better outcomes for children.

Some of the most backward countries of the 19th and 20th centuries are now global forces or at the very least not complete shitholes because they just started letting their girls get jobs.
Common sense says hunger problem is resolved through increase food production, better land management and birth control. A vague "empower women" isn't exactly a coherent strategy.

Men make better sandwiches than women.
Most of the top chefs in the world are men, but the average dude can't hold a candle light when it comes to cooking against the average woman.

Men make better sandwiches than women.

This is true, b/c women do not know how to "layer" shit.

You know why? cuz women learn first by making horrible lasanga and just throw shit on there, and hope shit don't over flow in the pan

Don't worry guys, Trump will fix all of this fake news shit!

Back