BBC adds MMA section to their sports website.

BQqB3kkCEAADlfF.jpg:large

Why would anyone (that isn't driving) want to listen to this fight?

It's nice that they have a bit more content but I can't think there would be much demand for that particular service at all

It's nice that they have a bit more content but I can't think there would be much demand for that particular service at all

I struggle to know why anyone who isn't driving would listen to any sport to be honest, but it exists. I guess some people might not have BT sport and will want to stay connected to it.

Always makes me laugh when they promote the world cup games they have on radio and not TV as a positive thing, when the other games are available on ITV.

For football I guess it's just something easy for people to listen to whilst with friends probably checking over betting slips and having a couple of drinks dipping in and out of the action but that is over 90 mins, not potentially 7 seconds. Quite bizarre.

Probably just dipping their toes in to gauge interest

Impossible, @UL says the sport is declining everywhere, and he claims to know everything.

Meh, the BBC coverage / commentary of niche sports is awful. When they covered the 2nd Nate v Conor fight they used a picture of Nick Diaz. Their Rugby League articles and commentary during the Challenge Cup games they broadcast is really really bad to the point I feel it does the sports a disservice.

Hope they go to SKY when the BT deal is up.

Bt Sport deal is up in 2019.
UFC TV deal with the BBC confirmed

Baby steps. The BBC won't be spending that kind of money but a highlights show of the previous weeks MMA on after Match of the Day would be incredible for the sport.

I doubt many people will specifically tune-in (unless they're at the event and their friends are boring), but some people just leave the radio on all the time, and you gotta fill the air time with something I guess.

Back