Bavaria orders public buildings to have crucifix as of 01 July.

who do you read or listen to for your view? i still think harris is real smart guy but who do you like more
To be honest with you I do not follow anyone in particular. There are people who I agree with on some things but disagree on others. I cam to my view not by following someone in particular but by reading and listening to various experts in their respective fields. Have you read Language, Truth and Logic by A.J. Ayer? He was young when he wrote this and was wrong about somethings, he changed his mind later and admitted he was wrong, but the stance he takes and the attitude he shows is what its really about imo.

"At the same time he hung on Tuesday a consecrated by Cardinal Friedrich weather cross in the entrance area of the Bavarian State Chancellery. "

not a religious sign at all.

bullshit power plays like what this guy is doing is exactly what we don't want from religion or religious people.
I'm sure you're totally fine with shariah courts and Muslim patrols in England though ;)

That is a naive way of seeing the world. You cannot expunge all of that is signified by the symbol. It is a Christian symbol and it represents many things mainly religious and historical.

Exactly. You associate the symbol of the cross, with all its history, values, tradition, etc., with the West. If not necessarily a religious thing it exemplifies an opposition and antagonism between the West and the rest of the world.

Well again, you won't see me defending Christianity because I don't care. I just like symbols of social cohesion.

But seriously, "Expunge all that is signified by the symbol" ? I seriously see alot of herd behaviour in such an attitude. What has the Church ever done to you, or to anyone you know ?

Everybody is behaving like Crusades happened yesterday or like they gang-raped by Jesuits.

Now on the antagonism between the West and the rest of the world. That's a very negative attitude IMO. Christianity has shaped many, many good things that make the West what it is.

You seem to have the attitude of many people in Québec (and France for that matter). Traumatised by Christianity for no real reason.

My ability to objectively reason. I ask myself, "Do I want my child to grow up in a Christian country, or an Islamic one, or a Communist one?"

Islam and Communism are evil. Everywhere on earth those ideologies have spread, they have caused ruin and terrible sadness.

They need to be physically resisted at every turn.
I'd rather my kid grow up in a country where everyone just minded their own business.

Are you not aware that Christianity plunged Europe into the Dark Ages and that Islamic Science preserved and advanced the eschewed knowledge and disciplines?

I like it
a lot better than the Swastikas we had inlayed into the bricks of our Battalion Headquarters (as of 2013 at least, google 2-6 IN swastika, there you go)

buildings in Germany covered in icons of a tortured and executed jew? no way will that come back around as awkward...

There are secular Islam-majority countries. They're all shitholes.

Nevermind the fact the Islam as a practice, is evil. Cutting off girls clitoris, honor killings, suicide bombings, etc.

There are no Christian suicide bombers at least. Not part of the culture.
What if in the future there are no more genital mutilations (girls and boys), honour killings, suicide bombings, etc., will you still see it as evil?

Suicide bombings are not part of the culture in Islamic nations. It is a practice that a radical fringe minority has taken up.

What about genital mutilations in Judaism, does it make it evil too?

There have been Christian terrorists, don't pretend that Christians are clean in this regard. Does it make Christianity evil too?

You have to do some thinking here bro.

Well again, you won't see me defending Christianity because I don't care. I just like symbols of social cohesion.
Then I am sure you could come up with some other symbol rather than hijack one that is a religious symbol.

When you talk of social cohesion, on what will this social cohesion you speak of be based on?

But seriously, "Expunge all that is signified by the symbol" ? I seriously see alot of herd behaviour in such an attitude. What has the Church ever done to you, or to anyone you know ?
What herd behaviour? I reject all religion, especially when it is forced into society by the state. If you want to believe in fantasy and lies do so in private.

Everybody is behaving like Crusades happened yesterday or like they gang-raped by Jesuits.
We value truth. Christianity and religion in general tends to be contrary to truth and to stifle our progress in terms of scientific advancements and all that this entails in our lives. If you want to deny science do so in private.

Now on the antagonism between the West and the rest of the world. That's a very negative attitude IMO. Christianity has shaped many, many good things that make the West what it is.
There is some truth to this. However, it is now time for it to retire into private life and let reason and science take over.

You seem to have the attitude of many people in Québec (and France for that matter). Traumatised by Christianity for no real reason.
There is no trauma. I am just enlightened by my own intellect.

I'd rather my kid grow up in a country where everyone just minded their own business.

Are you not aware that Christianity plunged Europe into the Dark Ages and that Islamic Science preserved and advanced the eschewed knowledge and disciplines?
They all had they good and bad moments in history.

It just shows that people project onto symbols. The cross is often associated with peace and rescue like the Red Cross but also a war cry.

Nah, its just sad IMO that german nationalism is so dead that a cross is used for cultural significance, when the entire XIX century and even the reformation to some degree took german pagan symbols in order to promote pan-germanism.

Oh please.

Nah, its just sad IMO that german nationalism is so dead that a cross is used for cultural significance, when the entire XIX century and even the reformation to some degree took german pagan symbols in order to promote pan-germanism.

I agree that it is kind of sad, but given the current climate I will gladly take this symbolism.

Now on the comment regarding German pagan symbols it seems pretty theoretical and irrelevant. What is your point ?

I agree that it is kind of sad, but given the current climate I will gladly take this symbolism.

Now on the comment regarding German pagan symbols it seems pretty theoretical and irrelevant. What is your point ?

The point is that the cross is a middle eastern symbol just like Islam.

Back