BATWOMAN TV Series (First Trailer)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
BATWOMAN Live-Action TV Series in the Works at The CW from Greg Berlanti

wFmK7SL.jpg

The CW is looking to expand its DC Comics world. The network is teaming with DC's small-screen universe mastermind Greg Berlanti to develop Batwoman as a TV series. The character of Batwoman will officially be introduced in December as part of The CW's annual DC series crossover event.

Batwoman revolves around Kate Kane, who, armed with a passion for social justice and flair for speaking her mind, soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence. But don't call her a hero yet: in a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham's symbol of hope.

Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries) is attached to pen the script and exec produce the series, which is based on DC Comics characters. Berlanti and his Warner Bros. TV-based Berlanti Productions topper Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns will exec produce the drama. A casting notice for the role of Kate will be going out shortly.

The DC crossover will mark the first time the character of Batwoman will appear on any screen when she is seen fighting alongside The CW's heroes.

Should Batwoman move to series, it would join a slate of DC series at The CW that includes Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning as Berlanti also builds a roster of DC fare on the comic book powerhouse's forthcoming DC Universe subscription digital platform. Launching in August, that platform will feature scripted originals including Titans, Doom Patrol and more.

The script deal brings Dries back to The CW and Warner Bros. TV, for whom she served as showrunner on The Vampire Diaries. Dries exited briefly for an overall deal with Sony TV. Her credits include Melrose Place and Smallville.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/batwoman-tv-series-works-at-cw-1127574

BATWOMAN Live-Action TV Series in the Works at The CW from Greg Berlanti

wFmK7SL.jpg

The CW is looking to expand its DC Comics world. The network is teaming with DC's small-screen universe mastermind Greg Berlanti to develop Batwoman as a TV series. The character of Batwoman will officially be introduced in December as part of The CW's annual DC series crossover event.

Batwoman revolves around Kate Kane, who, armed with a passion for social justice and flair for speaking her mind, soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence. But don't call her a hero yet: in a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham's symbol of hope.

Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries) is attached to pen the script and exec produce the series, which is based on DC Comics characters. Berlanti and his Warner Bros. TV-based Berlanti Productions topper Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns will exec produce the drama. A casting notice for the role of Kate will be going out shortly.

The DC crossover will mark the first time the character of Batwoman will appear on any screen when she is seen fighting alongside The CW's heroes.

Should Batwoman move to series, it would join a slate of DC series at The CW that includes Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning as Berlanti also builds a roster of DC fare on the comic book powerhouse's forthcoming DC Universe subscription digital platform. Launching in August, that platform will feature scripted originals including Titans, Doom Patrol and more.

The script deal brings Dries back to The CW and Warner Bros. TV, for whom she served as showrunner on The Vampire Diaries. Dries exited briefly for an overall deal with Sony TV. Her credits include Melrose Place and Smallville.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/batwoman-tv-series-works-at-cw-1127574

If the actress who plays Kate Kane isn't a Lesbian in real life, there will be riots!<45>

Hopefully whoever they cast is hawt. I'd enjoy some good pg-13 lesbian kissing.

If the actress who plays Kate Kane isn't a Lesbian in real life, there will be riots!<45>
<DCrying>
Welp there goes my post. Now we're gonna get someone like Ellen playing her.

They had better give her an outfit that allows for proper fight choreography.

If there was one good thing to come out of Batman v Superman, it was the fact that they finally gave Batman an outfit that gives him the range of movement for the character to fight like he does in the comics. The costume department of this show should look to that as the standard to aspire to.

Oh it's on the CW. I can't wait to see all the drama, petty arguing and of course the love life twists and turns.....

wow that description sounds awful. Isnt batwoman barbara Gordon?

They should choice the romance between HQ and PI

They should cast some hot woman who participated in Fappening like Supergirl did.

I hate CW, I always feel like they're tryna make edgy teen dramas. But I like Bat Woman so idk man, idk.

Oh it's on the CW. I can't wait to see all the drama, petty arguing and of course the love life twists and turns.....
This is one of the few CW DC shows where I've actually read the original comic, and I'm not looking forward to this at all, and it's all because of what you're complaining about in this post.

Manufactured drama that no sensible person would participate in and pathetic romantic pining dragged out among multiple seasons are the two banes of my CW-hatewatching.

lol stopped watching all this CW crap last year I think, maybe its been 2 years

best decision I ever made

They should cast some hot woman who participated in Fappening like Supergirl did.

WAit, Melissa Benoist has fappening pics? Katie Cassidy also has fappening pics. Melissa Benoist is on Broadway right now portraying Carol King.

What are some big BatWoman storylines?

Who are the famous villains?

What are some big BatWoman storylines?

Who are the famous villains?
1c7.jpg

Seriously though, I never read any Batwoman storylines, but even if they've told some great ones, I expect the CW to make this about some petty teen drama. Hopefully they cast a hot chic, and she has some steamy scenes with a now bi-curious Supergirl.

Catwoman would be better.

People get tired of heroes. Anti-heroes is more compelling, and female anti-heroes are pretty rare.

Wait there is a bat girl and a bat woman?
I need to get out more.

Will there be scissoring? You know lesbos and all.

Back