Battlefield 1

Anyone having an issue with taking forever to get into a game, and even taking a long time to back out after a match? Seems strange to me. I'm enjoying the game, but it takes such a long time to do anything.

Just got it last night, still installing but I've hard it takes a long time to load things.

Everyone playing this game is on steroids

You are all on steroids

Where did you get all those steroids

Why are your reaction speeds faster than human cognitive function

Why am I fighting an entire army that is on steroids

Whose steroids are these

How did that pilot headshot me with a revolver at 400 yards

Whose kids are these

Someone come get their kids

All their kids are on steroids

Also the game's spotting system is mentally deficient.

Depending on the magnification on your gun, your spot will do nothing 50 yards from your target

Fuck you BF1, I can clearly see a human running around in that empty field. You're being silly.

Didn't they change up the spotting system because of the time period the game takes place in?

I personally think this game is overrated as hell. Don't get me wrong, I have fun with it in doses. The guns are just not much fun to use, and the lag can be annoying. To me, this game just feels like every other single Battlefield game, just with older weapons and uniforms.

Also, the amount of loading time to get to any menu, and especially in a match, are absolutely ridiculous. I find myself just turning the shit off waiting. Say what you want about COD games, but the experience and transition from menus to matches are much smoother and faster.

Even Titanfall 2 is much much better.

I personally think this game is overrated as hell. Don't get me wrong, I have fun with it in doses. The guns are just not much fun to use, and the lag can be annoying. To me, this game just feels like every other single Battlefield game, just with older weapons and uniforms.

Also, the amount of loading time to get to any menu, and especially in a match, are absolutely ridiculous. I find myself just turning the shit off waiting. Say what you want about COD games, but the experience and transition from menus to matches are much smoother and faster.

Even Titanfall 2 is much much better.

I will say this, for a game that constantly claims its graphics have never been better, their "rubble" and "broken earth" textures are matted garbage sheets of texture. Sure, mortar rounds/tank rounds/grenade rounds create foxholes now, which is admittedly pretty cool, but you're still peeking over a plastic sheet of texture that's supposed to be individual granular sediment. BF3 had graphics that put BF1 to shame, that's why we all had to download an entire graphics card to play it

I appreciate BF1 for the fact it got me back into BF. I played it nonstop the first month , but the lack of guns and interesting maps faded my interest. It did, however, make me go back and really get into BF4 which imo is 10x the game. Runs better, guns handle better, more customization, better maps etc etc. I can't believe I couldn't get into bf4 when I first got my ps4, Now it's my favourite game to play atm. Conquest on Dragon Valley 2015 is the best BF experience I've ever had. That map really set the standard imo.

I appreciate BF1 for the fact it got me back into BF. I played it nonstop the first month , but the lack of guns and interesting maps faded my interest. It did, however, make me go back and really get into BF4 which imo is 10x the game. Runs better, guns handle better, more customization, better maps etc etc. I can't believe I couldn't get into bf4 when I first got my ps4, Now it's my favourite game to play atm. Conquest on Dragon Valley 2015 is the best BF experience I've ever had. That map really set the standard imo.
New DLC is on the way for BF1 in about 2 weeks or so I think.

I personally still prefer BF3 to BF4.

New DLC is on the way for BF1 in about 2 weeks or so I think.

I personally still prefer BF3 to BF4.
I played a bit of BF3 on PS3 and recently got it as a part of Origin Access recently, Mechanics feel a lot like BF4 but without the player base. Still lots of fun regardless.

Back to basics game mode is pretty fun. Bolt action rifles for every class and transport vehicles only. Plays a lot more like a WW1 game.

You can find it under custom game modes.

Back to basics game mode is pretty fun. Bolt action rifles for every class and transport vehicles only. Plays a lot more like a WW1 game.

You can find it under custom game modes.

Nice. I think i'll give that custom game a try. Sounds fun. Because right now this game is in my list of most overrated games in quite some time.

Nice. I think i'll give that custom game a try. sounds fun. Because right now this game is in my list of most overrated games in quite some time.

I don't agree. This is probably my fav BF game, and I've played them all, except for Hardline.

Maps are great, 64 player matches are as intense as ever and Operations is the best shooter game mode i've played in years. The destruction and attention to detail makes for a very cinematic multiplayer experience that hasn't gotten boring to me yet.

My only complaint are the lack of weapon variety and I miss unlocking stuff for vehicles.
And the loading times are brutal.

Last edited:
I am enjoying it but it isnt the same as BF4 as far as fun goes. Still decent game though

I just got this game a few days ago. I spent well over 150 hours playing BF4.

So far I like the game. Not sure it's as good as BF4 yet, but overall still very fun.

I mean, it can be fun for short spurts. It just gets boring after a while and there's not much variety.

BF1 and MWR have both been big disappointments for me.

I don't play online so I only play the sp campaign and I gotta say I actually really enjoy the campaign lol. I like it with bad company 2 and battlefield 3 campaigns.

Back