Battle of the 45s. - Updated

Discussion in 'Weapons and Tactics' started by Chesten_Hesten, May 17, 2017.

1. Chesten_Hesten The Wiener of Steel

Chesten_Hesten
    One of my Goon friends, (this one)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Decided to upgrade from his Dan Wesson
    [​IMG]

To a new used 70 series Custom Colt:

[​IMG]

Said he recognized it as a gun he worked on back in the early 80s, and just had to have it.

He's running a Practical Pistol Match at his Range this Saturday, so in honor of him having something decent again, (before he rags it out) .

Through copious amounts of shit talking he's shamed me into agreeing to shoot the match.

Now I'm Competitively jazzed.

I've pulled my old 1911 out and am gonna it, and if I can somehow get close to his score I'll be able to point and laugh, since he's the pistol guy and I'm not.

[​IMG]

Been shooting XDs for the past couple years, so I'm also interested to see if I can still hit the side of a mule with the ol 1911.

Found my old leather holster for it, bunch of old mags, and one dual mag holder.

[​IMG]

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  2. Gregolian Bang

Gregolian
    I still can't believe your buddy basically trashed a Dan Wesson

Chesten_Hesten likes this.
  3. Gregolian Bang

Gregolian
    Also, in that first pic your friend almost looks like Chibs from Sons of Anarchy

Chesten_Hesten likes this.
  4. Chesten_Hesten The Wiener of Steel

Chesten_Hesten
    I tell him he should get s contract testing Special Forces Combat gear. Anything that can survive his ass would surely survive Seal Team Six!

Of all the people, they had to find him! Ha!

He said they cut his mic like 20 times due to language....

5. Chesten_Hesten The Wiener of Steel

Chesten_Hesten
    Finished 2nd place out of a field of 10 imbeciles. (not a huge turn out!)

Overall, pretty fun. Gotta lotta holes in my skills from not keeping up with them.

Lucky for me the stages were simple, and the field was weak!

Buddy's new used $1000 colt 45 broke so he shot my 45, (& ammo).

1st stage was from 10 yards, a hostage target. Shoot 5 shots on the zeroing target (high left), then 1 shot each on bad guy.

[​IMG]

3 shots into the sighting target and I was thinking, (you need to crawl in a hole if you're gonna do that shit all day). Kept shooting high.

Started bottom right hostage, ok then started shooting high again. !!!!!

Lucky this stage wasn't counted for score.

1st scored stage:

[​IMG]

Pretty fundamental, draw shoot half the targets from one corner of the barricade, rest from the other side. 16 shots total.

Here's the goon shooting my 45
    [​IMG]

Gun shot high for him too.

Stage #2

2 shots per target
    [​IMG]

From window of a vehicle
    [​IMG]

Stage #3
    Start gun on table 1 mag on the side. 2 shots on 3 bad guy targets, (one's partially covered) reload stand up and 2 shots per targets in the back.
    [​IMG]

Stage#4
    [​IMG]

Start hand on barricade, 2 shots per target rightside, same other side. Move to closer Barricade, repeat same drill.

Last edited: May 20, 2017 at 6:44 PM
  6. Chesten_Hesten The Wiener of Steel

Chesten_Hesten
    After 1 stage my aim started coming back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In my mind I was thinking , front sight (SHOOT) trigger prep, (SHOOT) (GO, SHOOT GET ON THE FUCKING TRIGGER NOW)

My draw was sloppy, mag changes clumsy, concentration driving the gun, (front sight from target to target) was pretty fucked up, no harmony to anything. My shit was weak! Ha. I need to fix my isses before doing another one of these, I'm currently inferior.

[​IMG]

I did stage 3 in 10.5 seconds, all center zone hits. A Surprise. My Buddy shot it in 10.4 but got 4 penalty seconds added for sloppy shooting, (Said it wasn't his gun!)

One old guy shot pretty good and was pretty squared away, course he did better than me. 3 of the guys were 1st time match shooters, the others just needed work on their skills.

If more of the regular club match shooters showed up, I'd have been further down the list.

Interesting you put someone in front of others, add a little bit of stress with a stop watch, and they find all sorts of ways to screw up.

On stage 3 one guy started from left to right and put 2 in the hostage's head.

Another stage some guy shot two mags (glock) had steel left and just quit the stage.

Couple shooters spent enormous amounts of time mag changing, or aiming, or getting on the trigger, or transitioning to the next target.

7. Cubo de Sangre Gold Belt

Cubo de Sangre
    Far more interesting is the hot chick flashing the Metal horns. Something about that glove too. :eek::cool:

[​IMG]

8. Chesten_Hesten The Wiener of Steel

Chesten_Hesten
    Put in a order for 1000 200gr semi wadcutters
    [​IMG]

Going to try some Vihtavouri N320 pistol powder too:

[​IMG]

Also interested trying one of these matches with an XD, see if I drop off, or do similar.

Gotta work on my Skillz doh. Accuracy, speed, the whole 9 yards.

I wanna bring it, but I gotta have something to bring!

These kinda matches are enjoyable you guys should try one sometimes.