Movies BATGIRL Movie (Nearly Finished Film Scrapped by Warner Bros. Discovery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC can't make a smash hit movie with The Goddamn Batman himself as a major character. A Batgirl movie will be even worse. This isn't sexism, it's just reality: if you can't knock it out of the park with one of the most iconic characters in the history of fiction, what chance do you have with a B list(at best)female version?
That's the best part is that nobody is expecting much about a b-lister female character nobody cares about. So there's no big expectations and Whedon or whoever can just shape the movie to whatever he wants.

I can see the movie working if properly executed. It could be a female version of Spider-Man: Homecoming with a Veronica Mars elements thrown in.

every day this dc movie universe is looking like a complete and utter mess

just completely incoherent all the way around

I dont get why DC doesnt start with

1-3 solo movies first with the most iconic super heroes. Sup, batman and wonder woman.

Foundation foundation foundation.

Wow. Another superhero movie.

Can't blame Joss. It's a cashgrab, he is smashing out display cases and stuffing everything he can into his bank account before this trend finally runs out of ideas.

Then- (in 2024)

Breaking! An avengers reboot! Lmfao

They will NEVER run out of good ideas thanks to the fact that marvel comics have been coming out for years with really good ideal galore.....

I'm not even sure that I was aware a character called Batgirl existed.

I guess that's who Alicia Silverstone was in Batman & Robin?

Hmm, I never knew that.

I think Batgirl is a little too deep in the mythos for a non-comic reader like myself to be familiar with.

She is in the cartoons and the batman video games

You dont need to read comics to know about her

Pretty sure whoever gets cast in this is going to have to fuck Whedon. And knowing she probably fucked Whedon completely ruins the whole thing.

The week before release: A lot of stuff will come out about Whedon that just happens to be strategically planned for maximum damage.

Expectations: Ass shots, disrobing scene, one liners, Batgirl taking out lots of enemies with her thighs, “you fight like a girl” type of shit.

Because Whedon.

They should just announce Joss as the director of Flashpoint (2019/2020) already. They already have a script they've been developing for years, and it's a major priority.
Probably even moreso with the performance of JL, and Affleck looking for a way out. I think it makes total sense.

He could still do Batgirl in 2021/2022. What's the rush?

They should just announce Joss as the director of Flashpoint (2019) already. They already have a script they've been developing for years, and it's a major priority.
Probably even moreso with the performance of JL, and Affleck looking for a way out. I think it makes total sense.

He could still do Batgirl in 2021. What's the rush?

People dont want depressing super hero movies

Flashpoint would be impossible to do without it being dark and depressing

I think Flashpoint gets scraped

People dont want depressing super hero movies

Flashpoint would be impossible to do without it being dark and depressing

I think Flashpoint gets scraped

Joss managed to make Age Of Ultron a much lighter affair than the comicbook storyline. No need to be so faithful to the tone.

I think the approach on these storylines, like Flashpoint, can borrow from the source but be different. It's all about the intention and execution.
I think WB is done with brooding, non Batman, DC event movies.

I don't really have a horse in the Batgirl race.

But I thought Whedon was a creep now? Is he not a creep?

Maybe they'll make it R-rated and have a sex scene with batgirl and batman ala The Killing Joke

<{jackyeah}><{ohyeah}><{pranko}>{<redford}

Could be true but I don't believe it. Whedon came to Warner Bros. to pitch a Batgirl movie. He wasn't interested in any drama or cause friction, he just wanted to make a movie about a little character nobody was interested in.

On March 2017, a Batgirl movie was announced. Meanwhile over at Justice League, WB was not happy with the overall movie. WB asks/pressures Whedon to help them out. Feeling that his Batgirl movie might be on the line, Whedon reluctantly accepts. Later on, producer Charles Roven confirmed that Whedon has been working on the JL script even before Snyder left the movie. So when Snyder exited the movie on May 2017 due to a family tragedy, WB again asks Whedon again to finish JL.

So the way I see it, WB owes Whedon for stepping in and I think he'll still direct Batgirl.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Out of all the movies WB planned to make, this one was not what i was expecting but i kind of wanted to see it (cautiously, it's still WB) due to the fact it's a passion project by someone highly involved with the comic books genre. It was his getaway from MCU, which i think exhausted him. The fact WB didn't even intend to make it, made it even sweeter.

IMO (puts tinfoil hat on), it's a probe by WB after the lackluster results from Justice league, and them wanting to see if people still want Whedon. All that said, it's kind of hard to finish making and altering a meal after it's been placed in the oven.

My thoughts go to Snyder for losing a loved one, but he shouldn't be near DC anymore.

EDIT: didn't even get to the second rumor. Make up your mind, @Dragonlordxxxxx Which one is it?

w7rx3ch528wz.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back