Movies BATGIRL Movie (Nearly Finished Film Scrapped by Warner Bros. Discovery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give Joss a chance at this, AoU was turrible tho, but he's been passionate about directing a female superhero movie so hopefully it goes well

Think a bunch of racists holding signs of blacks getting lynched.

I'm sure that happened but I'm also positive it wasn't as pandemic as how the left reacted, specifically how the media reacted.

I've got a feeling that my fickle ass will pay to watch this. Smh

If you want a small girl to beat the shit out of large men and have fun dialogue, Whedon is obviously the right man. Makes perfect sense. I would have preferred Cassandra Cain.

I'm shocked the PC Police haven't insisted on Casandra since she's Asian.

I can never forgive The 100 not getting the axe, but The Tomorrow People did.

The 100 definitely wasn't for me.

The Tomorrow People, though, that felt like it could have gone places. Also it had Mark Pellegrino, and he's pretty great.

Update: November 22, 2017

Rumor: Joss Whedon No Longer Directing BATGIRL Movie for Warner Bros.?

c2xc7Xs.jpg

[UPDATE: SuperBroMovies has taken its original report down, saying on Twitter that WB is preparing an official statement about the Batgirl movie.]

A new rumor claims Joss Whedon is no longer set to direct Batgirl. When Zack Snyder announced he was stepping away from Justice League due to the death of his daughter, it was revealed that Whedon was set to step into directorial duties for reshoots. The decision came after Whedon was already working on rewriting scenes for reshoots (reportedly at Snyder’s request). Some involvement with Justice League was not the only DC project Whedon signed up for however, with him previously pitching Warner Bros. on a Batgirl solo movie.

Whedon has been set to write and direct Batgirl since the early months of 2017, but his involvement with Justice League appeared to delay the developmental process. Now, given what Whedon’s ex-wife said about his personal life in an open letter published this summer and Justice League failing to be the hit WB needed, he may not be involved.

A new rumor from SuperBroMovies claims a source from WB has revealed Joss Whedon is no longer set to direct Batgirl. This report should be taken with a grain of salt, with the rumor stating this decision was made months ago, but still including a caveat that there’s a chance WB changed their minds. However, considering everything that has happened since the initial announcement, this won’t be too surprising if proven accurate.

First off, Batgirl was never a movie WB was intending to make, and only moved forward with it once Whedon pitched it to them. This shows that Barbara Gordon was not part of the studio’s longterm plans before, and while that may have changed, it isn’t a property they were relying on. WB could even have agreed to develop Batgirl as an extra incentive for Whedon to get involved with Justice League.

Not only that, but the involvement of Whedon specifically is less likely thanks to his personal life. A few months back, his ex-wife published an essay on how Whedon repeatedly cheated on her and the man who constantly highlights female empowerment was a hypocrite. Even if his personal life wasn’t creating bad buzz, the reception to Justice League may be a factor as well. Depending on which reports you believe, Whedon was brought in to finish Snyder’s version or save Justice League altogether. The general consensus and box office results show that didn’t totally happen, so WB may be weary to bring Whedon back for another film.

That all said, this is very much a rumor at this point and should be treated as such. DC Films head Geoff Johns previously stated Whedon would begin working on Batgirl in 2018, while Whedon has also been touted as a big part of the DC movie world.

Rumor: Joss Whedon No Longer Directing 'Batgirl' Due to the Box Office Disappointment of 'Justice League'

Could be true but I don't believe it. Whedon came to Warner Bros. to pitch a Batgirl movie. He wasn't interested in any drama or cause friction, he just wanted to make a movie about a little character nobody was interested in.

On March 2017, a Batgirl movie was announced. Meanwhile over at Justice League, WB was not happy with the overall movie. WB asks/pressures Whedon to help them out. Feeling that his Batgirl movie might be on the line, Whedon reluctantly accepts. Later on, producer Charles Roven confirmed that Whedon has been working on the JL script even before Snyder left the movie. So when Snyder exited the movie on May 2017 due to a family tragedy, WB again asks Whedon again to finish JL.

So the way I see it, WB owes Whedon for stepping in and I think he'll still direct Batgirl.

Hope Batgirl doesn’t get made. She’s a side character for Batman or a wheelchair bound oracle IMO. Would rather see Huntress.

Joss Whedon Confirmed to Be Still Writing and Directing BATGIRL Movie

4i7p5Ib.jpg

The Warner Bros./DC rumor du jour is that Joss Whedon has been quietly dumped from writing and directing the upcoming Batgirl movie.

In the wake of the somewhat critical reviews and middling box office performance of Justice League (which Whedon co-wrote and managed its directorial reshoots) one can understand why such an idea might gain online traction.

Whedon recently made headlines by favoriting a tweet slamming Justice League‘s villain Steppenwolf, which suggests his feelings about the project must be interesting.

But sources close to the Batgirl production say that The Avengers director is currently at work on the script and remains attached to direct as well. Of course, things could change — top talents get replaced on projects all the time. But as of now, as Dr. Horrible might say, the status is quo.

The untitled Batgirl movie is based on the Batgirl story that was first unveiled in DC Comics in 1967. One has to expect there was some new optimism about the project after the breakout success of Wonder Woman. Whedon was among those who pioneered strong female characters in Hollywood with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Further reading: A deep-dive Whedon Q&A from a couple years back that really gives you a sense of his mind works, or check out our Justice Leaguewhat worked and what didn’t” rundown.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/22/joss-whedon-batgirl/

I'm not going to shed any tears if he doesn't direct. Dude isn't a very good director anyways. His vision is very bland.

(also, I fucking HATE his writing style)

Rumor: Joss Whedon No Longer Directing BATGIRL Movie for Warner Bros.?

c2xc7Xs.jpg

[UPDATE: SuperBroMovies has taken its original report down, saying on Twitter that WB is preparing an official statement about the Batgirl movie.]

A new rumor claims Joss Whedon is no longer set to direct Batgirl. When Zack Snyder announced he was stepping away from Justice League due to the death of his daughter, it was revealed that Whedon was set to step into directorial duties for reshoots. The decision came after Whedon was already working on rewriting scenes for reshoots (reportedly at Snyder’s request). Some involvement with Justice League was not the only DC project Whedon signed up for however, with him previously pitching Warner Bros. on a Batgirl solo movie.

Whedon has been set to write and direct Batgirl since the early months of 2017, but his involvement with Justice League appeared to delay the developmental process. Now, given what Whedon’s ex-wife said about his personal life in an open letter published this summer and Justice League failing to be the hit WB needed, he may not be involved.

A new rumor from SuperBroMovies claims a source from WB has revealed Joss Whedon is no longer set to direct Batgirl. This report should be taken with a grain of salt, with the rumor stating this decision was made months ago, but still including a caveat that there’s a chance WB changed their minds. However, considering everything that has happened since the initial announcement, this won’t be too surprising if proven accurate.

First off, Batgirl was never a movie WB was intending to make, and only moved forward with it once Whedon pitched it to them. This shows that Barbara Gordon was not part of the studio’s longterm plans before, and while that may have changed, it isn’t a property they were relying on. WB could even have agreed to develop Batgirl as an extra incentive for Whedon to get involved with Justice League.

Not only that, but the involvement of Whedon specifically is less likely thanks to his personal life. A few months back, his ex-wife published an essay on how Whedon repeatedly cheated on her and the man who constantly highlights female empowerment was a hypocrite. Even if his personal life wasn’t creating bad buzz, the reception to Justice League may be a factor as well. Depending on which reports you believe, Whedon was brought in to finish Snyder’s version or save Justice League altogether. The general consensus and box office results show that didn’t totally happen, so WB may be weary to bring Whedon back for another film.

That all said, this is very much a rumor at this point and should be treated as such. DC Films head Geoff Johns previously stated Whedon would begin working on Batgirl in 2018, while Whedon has also been touted as a big part of the DC movie world.

Rumor: Joss Whedon No Longer Directing 'Batgirl' Due to the Box Office Disappointment of 'Justice League'

Best news I read all day

Joss Whedon Confirmed to Be Still Writing and Directing BATGIRL Movie

The Warner Bros./DC rumor du jour is that Joss Whedon has been quietly dumped from writing and directing the upcoming Batgirl movie.

In the wake of the somewhat critical reviews and middling box office performance of Justice League (which Whedon co-wrote and managed its directorial reshoots) one can understand why such an idea might gain online traction.

Whedon recently made headlines by favoriting a tweet slamming Justice League‘s villain Steppenwolf, which suggests his feelings about the project must be interesting.

But sources close to the Batgirl production say that The Avengers director is currently at work on the script and remains attached to direct as well. Of course, things could change — top talents get replaced on projects all the time. But as of now, as Dr. Horrible might say, the status is quo.

The untitled Batgirl movie is based on the Batgirl story that was first unveiled in DC Comics in 1967. One has to expect there was some new optimism about the project after the breakout success of Wonder Woman. Whedon was among those who pioneered strong female characters in Hollywood with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Further reading: A deep-dive Whedon Q&A from a couple years back that really gives you a sense of his mind works, or check out our Justice Leaguewhat worked and what didn’t” rundown.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/22/joss-whedon-batgirl/

Worst news I read all day

DC can't make a smash hit movie with The Goddamn Batman himself as a major character. A Batgirl movie will be even worse. This isn't sexism, it's just reality: if you can't knock it out of the park with one of the most iconic characters in the history of fiction, what chance do you have with a B list(at best)female version?

DC can't make a smash hit movie with Batman himself as a major character. A Batgirl movie will be even worse. This isn't sexism, it's just reality: if you can't knock it out of the park with one of the most iconic characters in the history of fiction, what chance do you have with a B list(at best)female version?

Wonder Woman?

BatGirl could work. It wont work but it could

I think that after the success of Wonder Woman, right now is the best time to try and swing another Female Hero out

Be it Batgirl or Supergirl or Powergirl or whoever

Right now I think is the best time to try it out on a lesser known female hero

Wonder Woman?

BatGirl could work. It wont work but it could

Come on, son. Wonder Woman is part of the Big Three, the DC Trinity. She's the most iconic female Superhero in comic books. Batgirl's not even close to her league(pun intended;))

Batgirl is just so similar to Batman it feels like the absolute safest female hero you could do

I'd rather them do someone like Zatanna. Magic on the big screen is always fun to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back