Basmati rice vs brown rice vs jasmine rice

physicaltherapy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm asian and I love my rice.
Somedays I get a craving for white. :D
I recently went to my new primary doc whose a DO/holistic doc.

She told me that the only acceptable white rice is Basmati. The worst is jasmine.

Here's teh breakdown:

white Basmati GI 58

white Jasmine GI 109

Brown GI 50

Obviously less fiber in basmati than brown.

How about wild rice?

Interesting info

Thats good to know - I love basmati. My favorite by far.

I love brown basmati. Regular brown sucks in comparison. in fact it just sucks altogether.

I love brown basmati. Regular brown sucks in comparison. in fact it just sucks altogether.

Haha how can you hate brown I just mix it in with whatever im cooking before I serve it and let the spices spice it and it basically tastes like the main plate (usually) chicken.

I'm going to an Indian restaurant tonight. I'm looking forward to having some white Basmati tonight. I don't even have to count it towards my 20% cheat.

i dont eat rice anymore since last year.. anyway.. my parents buy brown rice.. ive tasted it and i observed that you feel less heavier when you eat brown rice compared to eating white rice..

i dont eat rice anymore since last year.. anyway.. my parents buy brown rice.. ive tasted it and i observed that you feel less heavier when you eat brown rice compared to eating white rice..

Do you mean less bloated?

I tend to eat less brown rice than white. I find brown to be very filling actually. Probably due to the fiber content.

I'm asian and I love my rice.
Somedays I get a craving for white. :D
I recently went to my new primary doc whose a DO/holistic doc.

She told me that the only acceptable white rice is Basmati. The worst is jasmine.

Here's teh breakdown:

white Basmati GI 58

white Jasmine GI 109

Brown GI 50

Obviously less fiber in basmati than brown.

Got a few questions about this for ya guys. White Basmati and Brown rice have similar GI, does this mean they are BOTH complex carbs? Is the reason most people here eat brown vs basmati because brown has more fiber/nutrients tahn basmati? Thx for clearin this up for me guys.

Red cargo rice is a nice alternative to normal brown rice.

Back