Based Texas? Shooting Statue Vandalize...ers? *Shakes the ANTIFA world*

So yes, you think betting $100 on McGregor vs Mayweather is as foolish as betting one's retirement. What a foolish thing to believe.
That is not what I said. I simply stated my belief that an act is either foolish or not. The consequences are up to the fool to deal with. Why must there be delineations of foolishness in the first place? Making such distinctions threatens to validate the act seen as "less foolish", despite both acts being foolish. As I said some this is either foolish or not, the consequences are up to the fool to deal with.

That is not what I said. I simply stated my belief that an act is either foolish or not. The consequences are up to the fool to deal with. Why must there be delineations of foolishness in the first place? Making such distinctions threatens to validate the act seen as "less foolish", despite both acts being foolish. As I said some this is either foolish or not, the consequences are up to the fool to deal with.
If a foolish act is not more or less foolish than another foolish act then they are equally foolish. You didn't say it but its the only implication of your assertions.

You said this.

And as per my Klan getting denied the right to assemble (based on their cross-burning intention), I'm saying the public sphere (where the statues sit) are closer in theory to the black man's front yard than the Klan's back yard. This is because the black man has some claim/interest in public spaces and none in the private property of another.
The reason I specifically mentioned the black man's yard is because in that case there's clearly a target, the property owner. With the public sphere its less clear. Which is not to say you can't carry out an act of intimidation in the public sphere but I think the argument is harder to make and I don't think it applies here.

And the reality is that cross-burning has a very specific history of being used within the context of racial terror. The tearing down of statues is far more ambiguous and is usually a sign of resentment towards the figure in the statue and not a message to others.

the suffix -ish means:

a suffix used to form adjectives from nouns, with the sense of“belonging to” ( British; Danish; English; Spanish); “after the mannerof,” “having the characteristics of,” “like” ( babyish; girlish; mulish); “addicted to,” “inclined or tending to” ( bookish; freakish); “near orabout” ( fiftyish; sevenish).

One can be more belonging to, more after the manner of, having more of the characteristics of, more like, more addicted to, more inclined or tending to, and nearer or more about the state of being a fool.

@Kframe, you have been properly instructed by two people now. Please shut up.

Negative how? It would a lesson to everyone. That continued defacement is a hazard to your health, and that people are willing to kill to protect them and their perceived heritage. I hope it does not come to that, but you never know and I fear it may be too late.
how is it a hazard to my health? a bigger hazard would be some vigilante statue defender with a gun

The reason I specifically mentioned the black man's yard is because in that case there's clearly a target, the property owner. With the public sphere its less clear. Which is not to say you can't carry out an act of intimidation in the public sphere but I think the argument is harder to make and I don't think it applies here.

And the reality is that cross-burning has a very specific history of being used within the context of racial terror. The tearing down of statues is far more ambiguous and is usually a sign of resentment towards the figure in the statue and not a message to others.

The target would be all blacks. Which is far more akin to terrorism. And individual target would indicate a personal vendetta. Thus not much of a societal concern.

Tearing down statues is an act of rebellion. I think that history is also rather clear. Although it most oftentimes comes after a regime has been vanquished.

If that's the point of delineation then I'll have to lean towards terrorism since the statues in question aren't realistically on the terrorist's own property. Most likely they're on public land. Since the Klan just got refused a permit for burning a cross on public property I'd like to think there's some strict scrutiny reason for denying the First Amendment rights of assembling and speech.

No. But I'm enjoying the argument. Sometimes it's fun to be on the other side. :cool:
right, so just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian? 'gotcha, liberals!'?

u gotta realize there's people who *actually* think it's a good idea for vigilantes to shoot and kill people who deface statues.

that's beyond crazy, and would u want to live in a society like that?

right, so just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian? 'gotcha, liberals!'?

u gotta realize there's people who *actually* think it's a good idea for vigilantes to shoot and kill people who deface statues.

that's beyond crazy, and would u want to live in a society like that?

It's called playing devil's advocate. It's not controversial. But I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. Just that I'm more interested in playing out the arguments than going rah-rah for a political team. Consider me a lone wolf with the heart of a kitty-cat.

<mma3>

Now looking at your post it's ultimately an appeal to emotion. Do you have any theories of justice to present other than (from what I can discern) you're against the idea of citizens upholding the law by force. If that extends as far as self-defense I can't tell.

As for the world I prefer, it's one where good people use the means necessary to stop bad people. Generally speaking.

There's enough cowardice and apathy out there that we don't need government clamping down on the righteous who are willing to take a stand. In this particular instance I don't expect an execution. And I'd expect most any shooter to do some time. Unless of course the vandal became violent while being impeded from criminal activity. To me that's self-defense on the part of the good-Samaritan. Then I'm fine with an eternal nighty-night for the violent criminal. I'll rest comfortably believing that the world is a better place for it. Fuck violent criminals, and sometimes assholes are useful to be made an example of.

<Goldie11>

It's called playing devil's advocate. It's not controversial. But I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. Just that I'm more interested in playing out the arguments than going rah-rah for a political team. Consider me a lone wolf with the heart of a kitty-cat.

<mma3>

<6>

Now looking at your post it's ultimately an appeal to emotion. Do you have any theories of justice to present other than (from what I can discern) you're against the idea of citizens upholding the law by force. If that extends as far as self-defense I can't tell.
its an appeal to morality, not emotion. killing in self defense is acceptable, but murdering people for damaging an inanimate object is ludicrous.

it's illegal in every country in Europe, and from what i gathered in this thread, also in the USA. i'm not sure in what place of the world it's legal but i doubt u would enjoy living there.

As for the world I prefer, it's one where good people use the means necessary to stop bad people. Generally speaking.
Seems like an appeal to emotion. kill the "bad" guys.

There's enough cowardice and apathy out there that we don't need government clamping down on the righteous who are willing to take a stand. In this particular instance I don't expect an execution. And I'd expect most any shooter to do some time. Unless of course the vandal became violent while being impeded from criminal activity. To me that's self-defense on the part of the good-Samaritan. Then I'm fine with an eternal nighty-night for the violent criminal. I'll rest comfortably believing that the world is a better place for it. Fuck violent criminals, and sometimes assholes are useful to be made an example of.

<Goldie11>
there's enough lack of respect for (human) life that we dont need fat lards like this guy
charlottesville-protest-driver-mugshot-ht-jef-170812_v12x5_31x13_992.jpg
to dehumanize the other side and make up reasons why it's acceptable to kill them.

because thats whats going on here.

That's gonna be hard to explain to my Jewish stepmother.

btw have you seen this? That's Deandre Harris clubbing an old man which prompted his ass whooping.

dTVEhb0.gif

I read a story about this guy and was sympathetic. I can't imagine how terrifying it must be for a black guy getting attacked by a group of white supremacists.

Buttttt he had it coming, apparently, and still managed to whore himself out to the media.

the suffix -ish means:

a suffix used to form adjectives from nouns, with the sense of“belonging to” ( British; Danish; English; Spanish); “after the mannerof,” “having the characteristics of,” “like” ( babyish; girlish; mulish); “addicted to,” “inclined or tending to” ( bookish; freakish); “near orabout” ( fiftyish; sevenish).

One can be more belonging to, more after the manner of, having more of the characteristics of, more like, more addicted to, more inclined or tending to, and nearer or more about the state of being a fool.

@Kframe, you have been properly instructed by two people now. Please shut up.
Make me shut up. Also, what makes your definition the automatic winner? I have no reason to trust or believe a thing you say.

If a foolish act is not more or less foolish than another foolish act then they are equally foolish. You didn't say it but its the only implication of your assertions.
But don't you see how making delineations of foolishness validates the one perceived as less foolish?

Most shootings don't hit the head, and a neither a common hand gun or common rifle, Not even a .50 save with special ammo will actually blow a head off.

I get the law though, it originally had nothing to do with statues. It involved a case were someone saw his neighbors house get broken in to, and the neighbor was not home so he went to take care of it, being a good neighbor and all. It caused a huge shit fit and he went to court. This law was the result.

it's usually the gas that plays the biggest part in blowing a head off, but it has to be in contact with or almost against the head.

Noted how you ignored the real meat an potatoes of his post.

mmmm....real meat and potatoes.

Back