Baruto

Outweighing opponents by a fair amount and smothering is not that entertaining. Minowaman underdogging them was fun.

Unless Baruto can drop under 300lbs then options are limited to the super giants like Sapp , Choi etc...

Wonder what Azashoru up to that could be a fairer and entertaining fight.

Outweighing opponents by a fair amount and smothering is not that entertaining. Minowaman underdogging them was fun.

Unless Baruto can drop under 300lbs then options are limited to the super giants like Sapp , Choi etc...

Wonder what Azashoru up to that could be a fairer and entertaining fight.
He's proving that the UFCs misled us on how to fight just like Kung Fu movies misled the generation before us. Skill is irrelevant. It's all about getting as fat as you physically can

He's proving that the UFCs misled us on how to fight just like Kung Fu movies misled the generation before us. Skill is irrelevant. It's all about getting as fat as you physically can

Sumo wrestlers don't live long if they don't cut weight soon after retirement. Takanohana quite thin now and his brother close to normal but not all can manage such a transition.

Mega Extra weight works only for the ultra big to the extent they can still move. Being bigger is an advantage thus weight classes. Semy Schilt was not fat but bigger than everyone except Hon Man Choi but Semy could move fairly agile for such a large person.

So yeah there are limits to skill vs size in a limited space. A little person in a desert could beat a big fat person by running them in circles until heat and dehydration sink in.

I would enjoy Sumo if the fat and size factor were not so prevalent. Otherwise it does have some honorable traditions.

Sumo wrestlers don't live long if they don't cut weight soon after retirement. Takanohana quite thin now and his brother close to normal but not all can manage such a transition.

Mega Extra weight works only for the ultra big to the extent they can still move. Being bigger is an advantage thus weight classes. Semy Schilt was not fat but bigger than everyone except Hon Man Choi but Semy could move fairly agile for such a large person.

So yeah there are limits to skill vs size in a limited space. A little person in a desert could beat a big fat person by running them in circles until heat and dehydration sink in.

I would enjoy Sumo if the fat and size factor were not so prevalent. Otherwise it does have some honorable traditions.
His spinning back kick to mark hunts gut is beautiful

No, it's against the rules for him to compete in any real organization.

Rizin is not real ? Well that's news to me, thanks for informing me that I was watching pro wrestling.

A lot is expected from Baruto. His grandfather was a legendary hokage.

Which top 10 could defeat Baruto under the first minute like Mirko did ?

During the RIZIN GP, IMO, the biggest mystery was how to defeat the sumo rapist Baruto.

Once he pushes you against the corner of the ring, and takes you down, you are guantanteed to lose a boring round. If he does it twice, you lose the decision.

Mirko's knee was almost a miracle, otherwise, I don't know what would have happenned. Baruto came fast and didn't let Mirko land a single punch before getting into the clinch.

Which top 10 HW from today would Baruto defeat by decision, if they met in a ring ?
1.It wasn't a miracle. 2.Everyone 3.Baruto would tire him self, Mirko or referee would separate at some point.

Love me some Baruto, it's refreshing to see rare styles in MMA nowadays.

One match-up I'd like to see is Baruto vs Kirill "Baby Fedor" Sidelnikov.
Kiril has fallen into obscurity since the Paul Butentello loss and never really recovered, but he kept busy with MMA and mainly Sambo;
That would be an exciting fight between 2 relatively young fighters with very different combat style (dat Aleks stance) and body build (Kiril is a small HW but has beaten bigger guys, and Fedor did fight a lot of bigger guys)
That way we can have a better idea at how to rank them currently.

Or our hero Minowaman, but I fear another Zulu Jr smothering and knees assault...

1.It wasn't a miracle. 2.Everyone 3.Baruto would tire him self, Mirko or referee would separate at some point.
Certanly not everyone.
Thats a bad analogy that someone is better just because he is in UFC. Many top fighters, specialy ones wrestling and punching based would find themselves in big problems in corner clinch with much bigger Baruto. There is not so much space to run around like in octagon, and that's where people fool themselves. Baruto proved that he is very fast and agile in closing distance for such a large man, and he has a good cardio.

^^^I would say someone is lower on the food chain than a person of equal rank if they are UFC (or any Unified Rules org), a win under Global Rules (1C) or Japan rules (Rizin) means more than beating the same guy under Unified Rules.

anyone know if Baruto is still training or involved with MMA at all?how long is his rizin contract? cant find any info on him

^^^I would say someone is lower on the food chain than a person of equal rank if they are UFC (or any Unified Rules org), a win under Global Rules (1C) or Japan rules (Rizin) means more than beating the same guy under Unified Rules.

The Contenders, ladies and gentlemen

anyone know if Baruto is still training or involved with MMA at all?how long is his rizin contract? cant find any info on him
He shows up to some RIZIN press stuff but right now he's getting that variety show and drama money

I'd be interested in this too. Baruto was interesting in those fights before the CC one. I think he learned he doesn't like to get hit but he wasn't really getting hit in the other ones.

Back