Baroni:PRIDE guys started losing when they got in UFC because they werent taking roids like UFC guys

Your telling me Mark coleman, Josh Barnett, Ricardo Arona, and etc... were clean for all of their fights in pride... Those guys were juicing heavily.
...TO THE GILLS!!!!

It's always funny when people criticize PRIDE for steroid use when anyone with a brain knows steroid use was always rampant in the UFC too.
To be fair, having steroid tests stopped guys from looking like they sweated gasoline and breathe out diesel fumes.

To be fair, having steroid tests stopped guys from looking like they sweated gasoline and breathe out diesel fumes.
Lol not really. Shane Carwin, Sean Sherk, many others. If their sweat hit the ground pubes would start growing out of the cracks.

Both org were filled with juice heads but Pride had NOTHING. There were reports of people doing cocaine literally moments before a fight. At least in UFC there were some drug testing going on, and some minor punishments. Your telling me Mark coleman, Josh Barnett, Ricardo Arona, and etc... were clean for all of their fights in pride... Those guys were juicing heavily.

And the UFC guys weren't lol?

And 2 of the 3 you listed off came from the UFC to begin with.

Both org were filled with juice heads but Pride had NOTHING. There were reports of people doing cocaine literally moments before a fight. At least in UFC there were some drug testing going on, and some minor punishments. Your telling me Mark coleman, Josh Barnett, Ricardo Arona, and etc... were clean for all of their fights in pride... Those guys were juicing heavily.

I think he means more that PRIDE fighters were used to roiding but then came over and tried to fight clean because everyone else was..... then realized everyone was doing roids in the UFC too, they were just hiding it.

And the UFC guys weren't lol?

Yeah, they were. I specifically said that they did, but at least people in the UFC would get caught (sometimes), it would become public, and they would face some type of minor punishment.

Forrest, Bonnar, Marquart, Sherk, and etc... tested positive, it surfaced, and were suspended and fined. And this is before USADA. How many in people in Pride were ever really banned for taking any type of PED. The only person that comes to mind is kevin randleman who tested positive after the Shogun fight and was suspended.

Yes, clearly the UFC had things well under control.

Good, clean stuff going on in the UFC back in those days.

Yup.

brock-lesnar-shane-carwin-side-by-side.jpg

Yeah, they were. I specifically said that they did, but at least people in the UFC would get caught (sometimes), it would become public, and they would face some type of minor punishment.

Forrest, Bonnar, Marquart, Sherk, and etc... tested positive, it surfaced, and were suspended and fined. And this is before USADA. How many in people in Pride were ever really banned for taking any type of PED. The only person that comes to mind is kevin randleman who tested positive after the Shogun fight and was suspended.

Right but if the majority of both orgs were roiding because of how easy it was, why criticize either?

At least in PRIDE, they made it easy for everyone to be on an even playing field.

And don't forget Overeem's transformation while fighting in Japan...from a LHW to an artificial monster who cut from 280. All from eating lots of spinach and horse meat, I'm sure...

Baroni and bonnar need a podcast, these guys are hilarious LMFAO

Love Baroni. But I think he is wrong. But this is just his opinion. We will never really know.

I guess thats one way of thinking about it

I mean, at the end of the day, the reason why PEDs are frowned upon is because they provide an unfair advantage. Not for any other reason, because steroids and these other substances are used in other areas of life regularly (testosterone in older men only continues to get more popular).

If everyone is on roids, then that advantage is at least negated.

Baroni speaking the truth.

minus the part about him being all natural
lol

Back