Barnett taking credit for Rena's RIZIN win!

Just say good win to my training partner Rena. You don't have to go Steven Seagal on us Josh lol

RENA credited Rumina Sato for her flying armbar, what unusual sub does she learn next and from who?

Makes me wish we could see Barnett fighting on RIZIN events.

Makes me wish we could see Barnett fighting on RIZIN events.
Barnett now has to fight "safe" for UFC rankings sake. In PRIDE he wasn't afraid to try different submissions because the org appreciated his effort and style. Hopefully he'll make the jump soon

RENA credited Rumina Sato for her flying armbar, what unusual sub does she learn next and from who?

Rena's fight finder page has her at 2-0 but I think she fought at all three Rizin events no? was one fight under shootboxing rules?

I can't recall the exact timeline with her fights and what rules it was but I loved watching her everytime.

Rena's fight finder page has her at 2-0 but I think she fought at all three Rizin events no? was one fight under shootboxing rules?

I can't recall the exact timeline with her fights and what rules it was but I loved watching her everytime.
Her fight at RIZIN 1 (the 3rd event back in April) was Shootboxing rules
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/118827-rena-kubota
There's a more in depth record for her, still missing a lot of her kickboxing/Shootboxing career and seems to not have her RIZIN 1 fight listed for some reason though.

They've taught this at AMC for well over a decade, which is where Josh started his career (Matt Hume's school). Josh taught me the version from the back which is also very effective - no need to get under the chin.

These are all neck cranks though, not chokes. You tap or your neck and jaw gets wrecked...you won't go unconscious.

Last night is the first time I've ever seen it put to use in a pro fight, so that was great to see.

Sherdog is listing Rena's win as via guillotine choke which is not correct.

Barnett is perfect for Rizin. He'll probably end up back there. I don't see him winning the UFC belt... but you never know lol

this is America, nobody knows what a cravat is

Her fight at RIZIN 1 (the 3rd event back in April) was Shootboxing rules
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/118827-rena-kubota
There's a more in depth record for her, still missing a lot of her kickboxing/Shootboxing career and seems to not have her RIZIN 1 fight listed for some reason though.

mmarising has a lot of info about WMMA and women's kickboxing/shootboxing and has her real kick/shoot boxing record which is 33-5-1

Here is an article about her last shoot boxing fight at the 2016 S-Cup where she retained her shoot boxing women's flyweight title.
http://www.mmarising.com/articles/2...s-title-mio-tsumura-wins-2016-sb-girls-s-cup/

Wiki needs to get updated cause it doesn't even have her winning her 4th S-Cup tournament in 2014, it cuts off at 2013.

Last edited:
I thought it was a type of food, no?

It's some kind of neck cloth in terms of non-MMA meaning:

"The cravat (/krəˈvæt/, krə-VAT) is a neckband, the forerunner of the modern tailored necktie and bow tie, originating from 17th-century military unit known as the Croats. From the end of the 16th century, the term band applied to any long-strip neckcloth that was not a ruff."

kian_yellow_navy_blue_polka_dot_printed_silk_cravat_massive.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back