Bareknuckle boxing in trouble ?

podsox

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Shawn Merriman dropped out of his fight and now Brendan ward has as well. All over contract problems the week of the event

I saw the vice documentary on the 'Dana white' of this show
Seemed a bit of a snake to me

Not surprised to see this is inching towards DOA status. Bare knuckle fighting can hardly support one premier organization, so a second is unnecessary. By the way, does anyone know how the second and third BKFC PPVs did? I know the first one sold 150k at $30 a pop. I didn’t hear much about the other two.

I saw the vice documentary on the 'Dana white' of this show
Seemed a bit of a snake to me
This is different. That documentary was on the first org which was was BKFC. They had a second or third event recently.

This one is WBKFF headed by Bas Rutten.

This is different. That documentary was on the first org which was was BKFC. They had a second or third event recently.

This one is WBKFF headed by Bas Rutten.

Shit the bed
Thanks

Wtf this is such a cluster fuck. Sad to see Bas' name involved.

Ward is becoming Holloway-esque in his pullouts, Joe

Bummer .. Bellator's Irish badboy against former UFC WW champ was going to be fire!

Ward is becoming Holloway-esque in his pullouts, Joe

Yup that’s 3 fights in a row now. I don’t see him ever fighting again after this one, even though he said he will be back on his Instagram page. I had a feeling he would pull out of this one, but I was hoping it would stay together. Would have been a hell of a “bang-bro” style fight.

So, it looks like they were offering big paydays and now know they can't cover the big bills. This might be a 1 and done for this promotion. I was looking forward to this event. Hopefully they can announce a final card asap.

So, it looks like they were offering big paydays and now know they can't cover the big bills. This might be a 1 and done for this promotion. I was looking forward to this event. Hopefully they can announce a final card asap.

No doubt it’s one and done for this org. they are clearly broke and not able to pay the fighters what the promises. No way they have the $100k to dish out on the lightweight tournament.

Seems like their old matchmaker quit and when they new one came in they noticed they couldn't afford the guys already signed.

For whatever reason combat sports is a mere one step above strip-club owner or pawn-shop merchant. I quickly avoided WBKFF when they approached me, and I worked for some shady f'n MMA folk for a decade. So take that for what it's worth.

The Brennan Ward/Johnny Hendricks MW clash at the innagural WBKFF event has been pulled from the card. Ward dropped out due to contract disputes. Too bad, I was looking forward to the fight! As of now, the card will still happen, and Hendricks is expected to stay in the main event against an unnamed opponent.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/brennan-ward-pulls-out-of-bare-knuckle-fight-vs-johny-hendricks
oh man... i didn't think it could get worse for johny... but imagine if he gets KO'd by some late replacement nobody in bareknuckle boxing

Back