Bare knuckles fighting. Opinions.

I think it would result in better technique as sloppy looping shots would fuck up hands. It would be better for grappling also.

There might be more cuts but I think it'd be less damaging for the fighter getting punched. They wrap those hands/wrists up so they're like fuckin rocks.

We'd probably start seeing some open palm strikes mixed in there too.

Bare knuckle fighting always seemed like glorified bum fights to me. Maybe that might change with former professional fighters crossing over into it but I can't imagine this becoming ever anything more than a sideshow gimmick.

It's going to look bad but I think it's actually probably better for CTE than MMA or boxing. Guys like Chris Leben are going to break their hands immediately by throwing bombs that land on their opponent's forehead and. So you're going to see a lot more blood but a lot more precise backhand style punching leading to broken noses, and more body shots in my opinion. Will be interesting to see who can adapt their style backwards to an early 1900's style of boxing.

It seems like a lot of the bare knuckle boxers think that it is like modern boxing or stand up in MMA when it clearly is not. How common are broken hands in bare knuckle fights in the UK where they have been doing this awhile?

And I'm OK with fights being bare knuckle in MMA. It would probably resemble Pancrase back when it was palm strikes to the head, at least for the stand up.

It's closer to a real fight. I'm not sure bare knuckle MMA would be a hit, I think there'd be less brawling, and therefor, less of an audience. But, bare knuckle MMA would be closer to the original intent of the UFC.

I don't think it would be any worse for brain trauma than boxing or MMA. But gloves are meant to keep your hands from breaking. And as a result, there is a lot less cuts. It seems to me like it is stand up MMA with more blood and more broken hands. A bit more blood for the fans I suppose.

Maybe MMA guys can hide a razor blade in there hand tape and hit themselves on the head to bleed?
lQwB8bo.gif

There are a couple of podcasts on this.

More blood, more broken hands, knuckles and wrists - fewer KOs than in MMA and pro boxing. Because if you throw a Liddell, Hunt, Hendricks, Hendo etc hook or your standard shit MMA jab and hit wrong - you’ve broken your hand. Happens all the time with MMA gloves which have shit support and that’s even worse with bare knuckles.

That’s why people were laughing at Honda’s horrible boxing form - she was heading straight for broken wrist city with her bent wrists.

A trained smart boxer who CAN’T make it in pro boxing - the only type who will fight bare knuckle in the Us - won’t be throwing hooks and wild jabs - like its Karydov Fight Night 26 in Dagestan. So they will be jabbing, working the body, being careful about their hands.

A century ago, boxing fights could last a hundred rounds - dudes had everything broken but there wasn’t a proper finish.

I can't be triggered about anything right now. I am too bummed out by Kid.

But if a guy that has been kicking around here for 16 years, and has only felt the need to post 100 times in all of those 16 years, I think that it is a post well worth paying attention to. Just look up a couple posts.
can you even math brah? Nvm I fukd that up. Don’t mind me.

It's just coming off as a circus sideshow really. The only talent that they are securing seem to be retired pros who can no longer cut it at the big show. Look to Hendricks, Leben, and Baroni as prime examples.
It's not good in general for the sport because it's just setting back progress already made away from the complete bloodsport it was made out to be, but I can't help but think of the fighters who are participating and know it's just for old glory and a decent pay day again.

Just waiting for Rampage to join the promotion, seems like something he would be interested in.

Throw Masvidal in there and I'll gladly pay for one event. Just one.

clicked through a few fights and most of them actually go the distance

its a little less boring than normal boxing but still not worth watching

The only thing missing is a gravel parking lot.

Back