Bare Knuckle FC 1 results

POWER2

My name is Power²
@Silver
Reaction score
Can't believe I missed this shit! Looks terrifying. lol

CHEYENNE, Wyo. – Roughly 2,000 people packed the Cheyenne Ice and Events Center here on Saturday night, lured by the promise of a violent spectacle unlike any since the late 19th century. What they got was three hours of bloody entertainment, with only a few lulls in the action.

joey-beltran-bare-knuckle-fc-ap.jpg

The Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship promotion billed this event as “the beginning,” and that’s exactly what BKFC President David Feldman felt like he witnessed.

“I really feel like this is the start of something,” Feldman told MMAjunkie. “I really do.”

With a 10-bout card on pay-per-view, the promotion reeled off one fight after another with a set of rules that seemed caught between multiple eras and sports.

As one promoter tries to resurrect bare-knuckle boxing, its history has a lot to teach us about the fight game
How do you prepare for a bare-knuckle fight? It's tougher than you might think

No kicks, elbows, or knee strikes were allowed, much like in boxing. But a high degree of clinch fighting was tolerated, much like in MMA. Fighters began each round by “toeing the line” in the center of the circular ring, not unlike old-time bare-knuckle bouts under London Prize Ring Rules. But rounds lasted only two minutes, ostensibly to encourage a faster pace.

Oh, and one other thing: no gloves of any kind, just a hand wrap that stops an inch or so below the knuckles.

It made for a different type of combat sports display, and one that got bloody early and often.

In the first bout of the evening, a battered and bloody D.J. Linderman was stopped on a doctor’s advice following the second round of his fight against the victorious Arnold Adams.

Later on in the evening, former UFC fighter Bec Rawlings smashed the nose and quite possibly the hands of Alma Garcia, who was also stopped by the doctor following the second.

alma-garcia-bec-rawlings-bare-knuckle-fc.jpg

The messiest bout was the co-main event, which saw Joey Beltranand Tony Lopez hammer each other for the full five rounds, until both men were covered in blood and seemingly so exhausted they could barely stand. Beltran got the unanimous nod from the judges, along with a large hematoma on his cheek and two rows of stitches in his forehead, courtesy of Lopez.

Some bouts ended so quickly that the blood hardly had a chance to flow. In heavyweight action, Sam Shewmaker felled former Bellator fighter Eric Prindle with a single right hand, ending the fight via knockout in just 18 seconds.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/06/video...g-championship-biggest-knockout-sam-shewmaker

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/06/video...g-championship-biggest-knockout-sam-shewmaker

Famed bare-knuckle fighter Bobby Gunn also made short work of Irineu Beato Costa Jr., dropping him with a body shot in the opening seconds, then putting him away with a thumping punch to the head at the 41-second mark of the first round.

Kickboxer Maurice Jackson had a similarly easy time of it against Dale Sopi, who he finished off in just 70 seconds, while Estevan Payan put Omar Avelar away at the 1:57 mark of the first.

Perhaps the most lackluster fight of the night was the main event, which saw former UFC heavyweight champion Ricco Rodriguez put forth a somewhat sluggish effort against Lewis Rumsey. Rodriguez would go on to win the unanimous decision, but his was the only fight of the night to draw significant boos from the Wyoming crowd.

Still, Feldman was optimistic about the future by the time the crowd filtered out of the arena and the blood had all been mopped up.

“It felt like a good night, and everybody fought their asses off,” Feldman said.

As for whether it was a big enough success to create momentum that could carry over into another event, tentatively planned for September, a lot may depend on just how many people were convinced to fork over the $29.95 to watch on pay-per-view.

Official Bare Knuckle FC 1 results include:

• Ricco Rodriguez def. Lewis Rumsey via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 48-47)
  • Joey Beltran def. Tony Lopez via unanimous decision (49-45, 49-45, 49-46)
  • Bec Rawlings def. Alma Garcia via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 2, 2:00
  • Sam Shewmaker def. Eric Prindle via knockout – Round 1, 0:18
  • Bobby Gunn def. Irineu Beato Costa Jr. via knockout – Round 1, 0:41
  • Johnny Bedford def. Nick Mamalis via TKO – Round 2, 1:41
  • Reggie Barnett def. Travis Thompson via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
  • Maurice Jackson def. Dale Sopi via TKO – Round 1, 1:10
  • Estevan Payan def. Omar Avelar via knockout – Round 1, 1:57
  • Arnold Adams def. D.J. Linderman via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 2, 2:00

I had some low expectations when I ordered this, and was expecting to feel ripped off, but actually enjoyed the show. Obviously BKB isn’t for the first, second or even third tier of fighters, but for a lot of journeymen on the downside of their careers, this is a perfect and to make a few more bucks before retirement. I don’t expect it to become huge, however, I wouldn’t be surprised if it found a permanent place on the fringes of sports entertainment.

I had some low expectations when I ordered this, and was expecting to feel ripped off, but actually enjoyed the show. Obviously BKB isn’t for the first, second or even third tier of fighters, but for a lot of journeymen on the downside of their careers, this is a perfect and to make a few more bucks before retirement. I don’t expect it to become huge, however, I wouldn’t be surprised if it found a permanent place on the fringes of sports entertainment.
This is BKB? So hey did away with the stupid "pit" thing?

This is BKB? So hey did away with the stupid "pit" thing?
It was in a ring, circular but not squared, even though they called it the squared circle repeatedly.

Even though I enjoyed the event, I did feel like I needed a shower after watching.

If they are going to fight with bare knuckles, they really should not be allowed to wrap their wrists.

If they are going to fight with bare knuckles, they really should not be allowed to wrap their wrists.
I think everyone was taped to an inch above the knuckles except Tony Lopez who had minimal wrist taping.

I think everyone was taped to an inch above the knuckles except Tony Lopez who had minimal wrist taping.

I think that makes it too dangerous.

I aint gonna lie the fights were pretty good, Bec Rawlings did her thing, She has pretty good hands.

Id love to see Cyborg do a BKB fight or even Cuck Liddell

This is boxing's version of the Crossfit games.

Not sure if I got that right but its.............retarded.

I really enjoyed it. Hard to have a boring fight with the rules

Would like to see slightly better fighters compete next time.

actually they say it reduces trauma, because to hands take to much damage to keep hitting at full force.

Yeah your wrists and knuckles give out before you can really mash up your opponent

Does anyone know how many hands were broken last Saturday? I’m saying Bec Rawlins for sure.

Back