Barboza deserves a streak of strikers after this.

BigDramaShow26

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jesus the guy is going to shake everytime hes near a wrestling mat from now on. After the first round he looked like he saw a ghost.

Put him in there with a striker please.

Agree 100%. If it has to be Gaethje, so be it.

If Barboza can't get those matchups in the UFC, I'd honestly love to see him in Glory.

Barboza - Gaethje would be the bomb but I don't know if I want to see either one of them take that many consecutive normal punches to the head any time soon.

yep, he deserves it. i'm surprised his td def hasn't held up in his last 2 fights

Yes he should, but he should really improve his grappling too. Not just TDD but defensive BJJ and getting back to his feet. He can't keep fighting strikers only.

Man Gaethje fight would be fireworks

Whos leg falls off first

James Vick perhaps

And people were comparing his TDD to Aldo’s?

20170112_Cotten_punch.0.gif

He achieved gatekeeper status. Now he has to take any fight that the UFC wants him to take.

Let him eat a less experienced prospect so he might regain some of his mana.

yep, he deserves it. i'm surprised his td def hasn't held up in his last 2 fights
Me too. It’s usually very solid.

I think it’s a combination of lee and Khabib being the two best wrestlers in the division (possibly) and also being big as fuck.

Remember both struggle hard to make 155. Edson weighs 170 year round, he posts his weight on instagram all the time

Hes a gatekeeper, not a comtender. No reason to feed him favorable matchups.

He should be fighting the up and coming LW stars lookimg to crack into contention in the future.

Yes he should, but he should really improve his grappling too. Not just TDD but defensive BJJ and getting back to his feet. He can't keep fighting strikers only.
This. Take a LONG rest. Come back with new footwork, wrestling, and boxing, against a lesser opponent.

He’s still super talented

Watch him get the fight with Justin just as Justic decides it's time to use his wrestling..

He should only fight TV shows so we get a spinning kick KO every 3 months , Pride had it right , bring in some pro Wrestler Jap for a Brazilian to step on his face .

Me too. It’s usually very solid.

I think it’s a combination of lee and Khabib being the two best wrestlers in the division (possibly) and also being big as fuck.

Remember both struggle hard to make 155. Edson weighs 170 year round, he posts his weight on instagram all the time
This.
Khabib and Lee are the 2 biggest / strongest and most skilled grapplers at LW in a looong time. No matter how good Barboza's grappling gets, he would still be dominated by both of them. A level grapplers will outgrapple even other grapplers, let alone strikers.
The thing is, Barboza is too tough for his own good, so he sustains a prolonged beating where a lot of other fighters would´ve already crumbled under the same kind of pressure.

Back