Barbell Row Carryover to Pull Ups

Noodles03

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For the last 3 months I replaced pull ups with barbell row to see if there was any carry over and to my surprise, there was. I did my pull ups after my boxing session and to my surprise, I felt pretty strong with the pull ups. So, I just wanted to share this little experiment with you guys.

Won't believe it until I see a cross race and gender, ten year double blind study.

Well, there should be quite a bit. You are pulling your arms towards your body, primarily using the lats.

It shouldn't be perfect because training is somewhat specific to the angle of the movement... but there should be some.

My bench press and overhead press also carry over to each other. This shit is mind blowing.

Won't believe it until I see a cross race and gender, ten year double blind study.

With and without osta. ;)

Now, to really blow your mind, trying doing BOTH exercises for gains instead of either/or.

Well, there should be quite a bit. You are pulling your arms towards your body, primarily using the lats.

It shouldn't be perfect because training is somewhat specific to the angle of the movement... but there should be some.

What surprised me the most that I didn’t have the same carryover as I did with the dumbbell rows. Of course, this may vary with another person.

What surprised me the most that I didn’t have the same carryover as I did with the dumbbell rows. Of course, this may vary with another person.
I don't see how you wouldn't.

Maybe you just don't think you did, maybe you're crazy.

Dumbbell rows are too easy to cheat. Especially when idiot do Kroc rows, which I believe are meant to mimic the motion and fervor with which Matt Kroc would sever his own penis.

Back