Barbell hack squats

I think hack squats are dog shit personally. Theyre incredibly awkward and uncomfortable.
Agreed. It's literally An inverted deadlift. THe bar drags on your legs the whole way up and it feels like shit

IM frugal and have limited space. AS i said I do have a rack, it's just shitty. I've been doing heavy split squats too to try and overload the quads.

YOU guys already answered the question. HACK squats are shit.

If you have limited space, it's much more economical to have a sumo rack + utility bench than have a bench with shitty uprights for squatting.

IM frugal and have limited space. AS i said I do have a rack, it's just shitty. I've been doing heavy split squats too to try and overload the quads.

YOU guys already answered the question. HACK squats are shit.
I know but its so fun to bug!

NE Way, you're likely better off with some of the alternatives in this thread.

If you have limited space, it's much more economical to have a sumo rack + utility bench than have a bench with shitty uprights for squatting.
I was thinking that, and Amazon has a nice utility bench with a 1000 lbs rating. Mine is only 700. And the uprights are so low, I have to pin squat everything for the first rep. Hence why I'm looking for alternatives lol

You have to look at it as an investment. It's similar when people purchase bars. If you just do it right the first time, you'll end up saving money.

You have to look at it as an investment. It's similar when people purchase bars. If you just do it right the first time, you'll end up saving money.
That's my mantra normally, "buy cheap, buy twice"

SAw a video of a dude doing these with 880lbs....I might revisit the lift. He also Jefferson squatted 715lbs so maybe he's just a freak.

Ok revisited these and they are indeed dogshit. My patellar tendons hurt like fuck and I feel like i got nothing out of the exercise

Im up to 405 on these now. They're tough but I'm getting the hang of them.

Hit 430 today on these for a single. Slow and steady. I'm no Eric Bugenhagen but am happy with the progress.

And 505 for a single. Nearly shit my pants and passed out.

Still a ways off of L5Dustiny and his 585 barbell hack squat.

Back