Bannon says AHCA 'written by the insurance industry'

WiolentOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As I suspected. Trump and Bannon are exposing Ryan and letting America witness him hang himself. Good riddance it's about time we start cleaning out the GOP.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...n-health-care-act-written-insurance-industry/

Gabriel Sherman writes that White House chief strategist and former Breitbart News executive chairman Steve Bannon has privately expressed concern that the American Health Care Act (AHCA) betrays the populist voters who put Donald Trump in the White House.

The failure to repeal and replace Obamacare would be a stinging defeat for Trump. But it would be an even bigger defeat for Paul Ryan, who has all but staked his Speakership on passing this bill. And in the hall of mirrors that is Washington, the big winner to emerge out of the health-care debacle could be Steve Bannon. That’s because Bannon has been waging war against Ryan for years. For Bannon, Ryan is the embodiment of the “globalist-corporatist” Republican elite. A failed bill would be Bannon’s best chance yet to topple Ryan and advance his nationalist-populist economic agenda.

Publicly, Bannon has been working to help the bill pass. But privately he’s talked it down in recent days. According to a source close to the White House, Bannon said that he’s unhappy with the Ryan bill because it “doesn’t drive down costs” and was “written by the insurance industry.” While the bill strips away many of Obamacare’s provisions, it does not go as far as Bannon would wish to “deconstruct the administrative state” in the realm of health care. Furthermore, Bannon has been distancing himself from the bill to insulate himself from political fallout of it failing. He’s told people that Trump economic adviser Gary Cohn — a West Wing rival — has run point on it. (Bannon did not respond to a request for comment.)

But I thought Bannon was Satan? Breitbart has also been more critical of Trump of late.

"I alone can fix it."

And then Flump lets Paul Ryan construct the new healthcare plan.

Flump is a fail.

Fail.

Fail.

..........fucking fail.

Cover your ass mode commences. Trump has been fighting hard for this bill. It's Trumpcare, he owns it.

Bannon could convince Trump to offer up single payer which would take Insurance Co's very largely out of healthcare, except for extra coverage private plans.

But of course he won't.

Ryan is a Koch guy. I don't think Brannon nor Trumps small hands can grasp the power of the Koch.

But I thought Bannon was Satan? Breitbart has also been more critical of Trump of late.

I dont see him proposing anything, he has the president's ear yet he still styles himself as opposition.

Right-wingers forgot how to govern.

I dont see him proposing anything, he has the president's ear yet he still styles himself as opposition.

Right-wingers forgot how to govern.
As far as the healthcare issue, I don't think Bannon truly cares either way outside of wanting to make sure that none of that shit splashes onto him. I believe his main concerns and interests are immigration, military and infrastructure. I believe those areas are where you will see his influence.

As far as the healthcare issue, I don't think Bannon truly cares either way outside of wanting to make sure that none of that shit splashes onto him. I believe his main concerns and interests are immigration, military and infrastructure. I believe those areas are where you will see his influence.

You need popular support in order to get that shit passed on in the first place.

And if republicans cant handle Obamacare, do you think they will handle Stimulus bill 2.0 specially when the economy is near full employment?

I'm sure the Insurance Industry did write it.

But this:

Trump and Bannon are exposing Ryan and letting America witness him hang himself.

Is some heavy #alternatefacts, bud.

near as I can tell insurance companies run washington. I have to purchase car insurance, home owners insurance, general liability, workmans comp....the only insurance I'm allowed to use is health insurance and it cost as much as a second home on the coast....err I can use my life insurance I guess. speaking of, if someone were to come out with a product exactly like whole life or universal life today they would be jailed for running a scam, but not insurance companies.

someone tweet Trump my plan, bypass the insurance companies and let us by directly from the health provider. that would be a cost savings of at least 50%

set up savings accounts with premiums and allow them to be shared by families and use the remainder later in life. The first three years of obamacare I paid $27,000.00 for someone else to go to the doctor, fuck this mess

Last edited:
Publicly working to pass it, privately says its trash. So Bannon and Trump are ok with passing a bill they admit is trash and benefits only the insurance industry?

Ryan is a Koch guy. I don't think Brannon nor Trumps small hands can grasp the power of the Koch.

Trump surrounded himself with Mercer Family mercenaries. Koch's might be yesterday's news.

Also Koch orgs came out against Trumpcare, promising to support anybody who voted against it.

Trying to make Paul Ryan the fall guy. Not a surprise that Trump and Bannon are gonna try and deflect blame

@Fawlty

What do you think?

I've been trying to study Bannon lately.

I think its makes the most sense and is in line with what little info we have about his attitude towards the GOP.

And brietbart had been hammering Ryancare since he started drafting it. I think brietbart has their finger on the pulse of the whitehouse moreso than any other news source.

Last edited:
ok-i-admit-it-he-did-it.jpg

@Fawlty

What do you think?

I've been trying to study Bannon lately.

I think its makes the most sense and is in line with what little info we have about his attitude towards the GOP.

And brietbart had been hammering Ryancare since he started drafting it. I think brietbart has their finger on the pulse of the whitehouse moreso than any other news source.
I don't know enough about Bannon's ideas on healthcare to say much. If he has a good idea about what roles the government vs free market should play I'll listen, but I'm probably going to disagree given his other positions on tearing apart the government.

Which AHCA bill we talking about. The original, or the abortion that the GOP couldn't even get pushed through?

I thought it was a given that the original AHCA (Obamacare) was written by lobbyists for the industries. And that the Sen. & House Rep. like Nancy didn't even know what was in it. Which was partially why she made that infamous quote.

Back