Bannon Pushes Tax Hike for the Rich: 44% Marginal Tax Rate Proposed for Top Bracket

There is very likely a catch. Probably ending other taxes, including estate tax which is the biggie for the uber rich.

We need Jack van Slughorn in this thread as soon as possible so he can explain that teh conzervatives actually believe in trickle down economics and why it's a flawed model

There is very likely a catch. Probably ending other taxes, including estate tax which is the biggie for the uber rich.

There is zero chance that Trump will sign off on a tax increase for the rich, and zero chance that Republicans will bring one to his desk.

Increase income taxes on the mega wealthy, eliminate taxes on the bottom 20-30% completely.

Everyone is happy.
45% of americans pay no income tax already.

Bannon is the man. 45% is too low IMO, but it's a step forward.

The marginal tax rate on the super wealthy was in the 70-90% range during the post-WW2 period.

It's what made us great. That and the GI bill.
I read about that and it wasn't that simple, there were tons of loopholes and in practice they payed a similar amount to nowadays, maybe even lower.

45% of americans pay no income tax already.

Bannon is the man. 45% is too low IMO, but it's a step forward.

45% of Americans are veterans, children and elderly.

I'm talking about the ones that pay income tax you dork.

We should actually go for a regressive income tax model.
So there's some sort of incentive for losers to do better in life and a reward for those who are valuable members of society.
It makes a lot of sense!

They pay taxes, but get them back in the form of subsidies and credits.

Why bother taxing them?
I'm not defending taxing them.
I think there is a misunderstanding here...I said 45% is too low in the tax rate Bannon proposed.
I don't think poor people should pay taxes, I support taxing the fuck out of the rich.

Bannon can think whatever he wants. This isn't getting through a Paul Ryan and McConnell led congress.

Back