Bands you loved, now can't listen to

loisestrad

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, I guess we all listened to some shitty music in our past and at that time thought of it as great.

But this isn't about "shitty music". It's about music you once loved, still respect - but simply don't wanna listen to here in 2018 for whatever reason.

I feel that way with Nirvana. I was a huge fangirl back in the days, but I haven't listened to a Nirvana-tune for years, let alone whole albums. Why? I don't think the music sucks. I still think Nirvana was great, I just can't listen to it anymore cuz it's ... so 90's.

So what's the music you once loved, now cannot listen to?

Tool, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails.

I like the music but the lyrics are just too heavy for a 31 year old who took way too long to get his life in order.

I’m trying to keep myself upbeat and I don’t think I can do that by repeatedly listening to great music with lyrics and singing that describe depression or other forms of torment.

Some older 'tronic music like Aphex Twin, Chem Bros, Crystal Method, Fatboy Slim. It's not that most is bad, it just sounds dated.

Classic Prodigy still thumps though.

Last edited:
Not bands necessarily..
DMX
D12
Metallica
Acdc

MC Hammer / Vanilla Ice. Loved those guys as a wee lad in 4th grade

Alice in Chains. Nothing against them, but I seriously burnt out on AiC in highschool

Children of Bodom or Kalmah.

It's the vocals for Bodom and the guitar tone for Kalmah.

Alexi is a special kind of bad I've come to realize. Was so mesmerized with the instrumental work when I was a kid though.

So much Nu Metal, Mudvayne I was so into them in 2000 to 2002 or 2003, that one CD they put out in 2002 we jammed the fuck out of it for months, went to see Ghost Ship just to hear their new song in the final credits before the album dropped. Went to see them live in December 2002 and it was really an amazing show, but man I just have no desire to listen to them these days at all. There are dozens and dozens of old bands from the late 90's early 2000's like that for me, heavy metal in general I've just lost the passion for it. At one point it was all I ever ate, slept, breathed, shit was heavy metal music, now it just doesn't really push my buttons like it used to and it's just loud and obnoxious and puts me in a bad mood.

There were a few songs in the late 90's that had strong choruses but I never felt much about the brest of the songs, now I just don't care for the songs as a whole. Mostly numetal and then radio rock alternative stuff. Pretty much the only music I've turned my back on in my life.

most indie rock I listened to from highschool and college. Some of it I can that up beat but no more shoegaze type shit. Reminds me of some hard times. I just listened to a sonic youth tune the other day and that was enough.

My high school days! lol time to get trolled lol. I was sponsored by a few companies Fallen,fuel, etc and skated a lot back then, so dont troll to hard...Pop punk was big... I also liked Skillet for some odd reason.

I can post more lol

Most 90s hardcore except maybe Integrity or Madball.

I was a huge of Evanescence back in 2003 to 2006.

It was weird when the co-founder of the band, the lead guitarist, quit only 6 months after the band got its huge break of being on the Daredevil soundtrack. They were huge, and he just left supposedly frustrated with the lead singer, Amy Lee, was getting all the attention.

Walking away from a band you created and were going to be making MILLIONS of dollars a year playing in? WTF...

Then over the next two years each of the other three band members leave, and Amy Lee gave very smooth answers about it in interviews, like a smooth politician.

So I came to the conclusion that Amy Lee is a complete bitch behind the scenes. It's the most likely scenario, and I'm damn sure that's the case.

Its sad, because they really had some great songs.

Tool, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails.

I like the music but the lyrics are just too heavy for a 31 year old who took way too long to get his life in order.

I’m trying to keep myself upbeat and I don’t think I can do that by repeatedly listening to great music with lyrics and singing that describe depression or other forms of torment.
Add Alice In Chains to that for me and it’s all of them.:(

Alice in Chains. Nothing against them, but I seriously burnt out on AiC in highschool
I love the band just gets too depressing for me but I can see why one would get burnt out with all the dread.

Cannibal Corpse. I was a fan in my teens, saw them play live twice, now I find them ridiculous and childish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back