Bands, musicians you just don't get

Led Zeppelin, and most classic rock with higher pitched male singers. I don't know why, but it's just not my jam. It's a shame because the music itself is well constructed, but I just can't get into those vocals.

It's not all high pitched male vocals, for instance I'm a huge Mars volta and Rush fan, it's just the majority of those older robert plant, axl rose, Brian Johnson style singers.

Pearl jam is another one that I can't get into at all. I'll turn them off immediately if they come on the radio. However, Vedder's soundtrack to into the wild was amazingly well done.

Aerosmith. They always came across as the Walmart brand of classic rock.

Guess I'm more a Garcia soloing fan than a Dead fan, love this solo's for the Zabriskie Point soundtrack.

When not playing metal, my style has been compared to Jerry's.
Lots of trills, fanned chords and lots of triplets.

I miss him so much, it's hard to believe I got to almost sixty shows. And that he's been gone since I was twenty five.
<DCrying>

The nickleback of classic rock one might say.

<{anton}>

Nickelback is like McDonald's to me. Everyone talks shit about them and they get a ton of hate, yet these dudes are making bank? We need a Nickelback fan database so we can properly shame their fans.

When not playing metal, my style has been compared to Jerry's.
Lots of trills, fanned chords and lots of triplets.

I miss him so much, it's hard to believe I got to almost sixty shows. And that he's been gone since I was twenty five.
<DCrying>

That's a lot of acid.

Pearl jam is another one that I can't get into at all. I'll turn them off immediately if they come on the radio. However, Vedder's soundtrack to into the wild was amazingly well done.
Mirrorball, their record with Neil Young, is great. Good garage rock.

Otherwise agreed.

Rush
Jane's addiction
The lead singers sound horrible

Let's throw Smashing Pumpkins on there. Never liked them but I have a friend who really dislikes Billy Corgan. I've pretended to be indifferent to them for like 15 years just to troll him.

Add Blink 182 to the list. I appreciate punk, but they're too poppy and musically limited for me. And don't get me started on their vocals.

That's a lot of acid.
I have stories.

IIRC at my first show in '86, there was a guy walking around with a shoebox and a sign "free acid".

I eventually made an amazing connection and started getting clean, crystal LSD in the seal.

Let's throw Smashing Pumpkins on there. Never liked them but I have a friend who really dislikes Billy Corgan. I've pretended to be indifferent to them for like 15 years just to troll him.
I really like some of their songs but the vocals annoy the fuck out of me.
Bullet with butterfly wings is a ridiculously good song but Corgan sounds like a horny dumpster cat. Then I heard this song performed by a Cuban cover band and got a boner.

metallica or the offspring

just never got into them

I really like some of their songs but the vocals annoy the fuck out of me.
Bullet with butterfly wings is a ridiculously good song but Corgan sounds like a horny dumpster cat. Then I heard this song performed by a Cuban cover band and got a boner.

He's hit or miss for a lot of people. I'm a big fan, but I think it has something to do with the fact that they were one of those bands I heard a lot in my childhood, so there's a bit of nostalgia influencing me. Corgan is a very good songwriter, and he's not a bad guitarist at all—I don't think anyone can argue otherwise, really—it's his singing that is the most divisive attribute I think.

Mayonaise was my favorite track by them I think

I'm definitely not surprised when people say they dislike the Smashing pumpkins, though.

I definitely don’t get Tool and I don’t get that new “satanic” band Ghost, either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back