Bands, musicians you just don't get

Classic rock guy, here. I never liked Rush and friends couldn’t believe it. Also never understood the love for Ozzie‘s solo stuff, though I did like Sabbath.

You are nuts. Rush and Ozzy are amazing.

Nice dead tree stump too.

Greatful Dead and Phish. It's all just so horrible.

Yeah, I never got into King or Clapton. To understand why Korn made it big, you have to listen to their first album and pretend it’s 1995. Nobody had gene heard of 7 string guitars being used like that. I still rock that album weekly.

I just can’t get into Devin Townsend. I was never big on SYL either. I hate the “wall of sound.” All of that shit sounds emotionless and stiff.

Aqualung by Jethro Tull is a ridiculous shitty song. Why do people like it? Nothing is appealing about it. Instrumentals suck. Lyrics suck.

BB King is not as good as his rep.

Clapton was awesome, but he did go thru 10-15 years of making some very mediocre stuff.

Rush makes great music, but I never got into them b/c I hated Geddy Lee's voice

BB King is not as good as his rep.

Clapton was awesome, but he did go thru 10-15 years of making some very mediocre stuff.

Rush makes great music, but I never got into them b/c I hated Geddy Lee's voice

Listen to Counterparts, Geddy's best vocals ever and one of Rush's best and most underrated albums. Cold Fire is amazing.

Last edited:
Nickelback
Kiss
Any country song/band

Bruno Mars anything he does I can’t stand.
Jack Johnson simply stated makes me want to commit acts of violence against Hawaiians.
Mumford and Sons and all that copycat genre of shit

Right, but their best album came after Master.

...And Justice for all.
If there was any bass on it.
Most of those songs ran long.
Good production.
It marked the beginning of James thinking of himself as a "serious, melodic vocalist" and from there the band became increasingly pretentious with the enjoyable exception Garage Days Re-revisited. Coupled with Hetfield's, um, problems, and Lars'... I agree with Torben.

"You should delete the whole thing."

"... that was gonna be our opening track..."

Eventually, Ulrich's dad understood Metallica better than Metallica.

If there was any bass on it.
Most of those songs ran long.
Good production.
It marked the beginning of James thinking of himself as a "serious, melodic vocalist" and from there the band became increasingly pretentious with the enjoyable exception Garage Days Re-revisited. Coupled with Hetfield's, um, problems, and Lars'... I agree with Torben.

"You should delete the whole thing."

"... that was gonna be our opening track..."

Eventually, Ulrich's dad understood Metallica better than Metallica.

To be clear, I don't think Metallica is very good anyway. They are a thrash band for posers and pussies. Megadeth and Slayer are way better.

Back