Ban kicks to the front of the kneecap

lalaland

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Whitaker is out until next year because of this shit. No one wants to see champions sidelined for 6+ months because of those dirty bitch kicks that add nothing of value to our sport. At least Jon lands on the opponents thigh, Yoel stomped the knee itself.

Just ban 'em.

Whitaker is out until next year because of this shit. No one wants to see champions sidelined for 6+ months because of those dirty bitch kicks that add nothing of value to our sport. At least Jon lands on the opponents thigh, Yoel stomped the knee itself.

Just ban 'em.
There used to be an old youtube video of Jon Jones before he became famous, and part of it was his training at Jacksons and I believe it was Jackson or another coach who said that JJ was going to be great and theres a few killer techniques (to paraphrase) that he does that are probably going to be outlawed after he uses them to good effect. And he was right after extended finger guard was banned starting this year.

I can't remember the title but the beginning segment was an interview with Jon's parents. I remembered seeing the thumbnail very recently so its probably still there but I couldn't find it now.

No they shouldn't be banned.

If anything fighters need to learn how to counter the oblique kicks with timing, speed and angles.

Simply just throwing hooks and haymakers in a straight line will not work

I like the no holds barred thing but if you're gonna ban 12-6 elbows and strikes to the head of a downed opponent, then freaking ban the oblique kick too.

I mean, it is a lame strike that will do more post fight than during fight. Do you want to win or end your opponents career here? There are more than one way to beat your opponent.

MAYBE Yoel wanted to make sure he's the next guy to fight bisping ;) buy Bisping will likely jump on GSP now.

wRdnP5C.png
I kind wan2 agree but what about shin kicks that break peoples legs. I've seen a few of those, should licks to the legs be banned all together? which kick should be allowed? I think it is about right as it is except for eye pokes. For some reason all...EEEEVERY single referee is a complete :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: when it comes to blatant eye pokes.

HEY DONT CENSOR MY F WORD YOU :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: !

It's a nasty technique. I wouldn't get too upset i they banned it

I like the no holds barred thing but if you're gonna ban 12-6 elbows and strikes to the head of a downed opponent, then freaking ban the oblique kick too.

I mean, it is a lame strike that will do more post fight than during fight. Do you want to win or end your opponents career here? There are more than one way to beat your opponent.

MAYBE Yoel wanted to make sure he's the next guy to fight bisping ;) buy Bisping will likely jump on GSP now.

In the last 20 years how many fighters have had their knees blown by oblique kicks?

C'mon man you are talking about a sport where the goal is to separate your opponent from his consciousness via punches, elbows, kicks, knees, arm bars, chokes, heel hooks, etc. but obliques take it too far for you? I don't understand the reasoning. If all the major fighters had their knees blown every other week I could understand it but we haven't seen that happening. Quite the opposite.

Ban giving opponents dirty looks at stare downs. It hurts feelings.

In the last 20 years how many fighters have had their knees blown by oblique kicks?

The technique has barely been used over the last 20 years of MMA. Most fighters don't throw them at all and almost no one throws them consistently. The ones that do throw it as a push kick to the thigh, not a stomp to the knee.

ban strikes to the head because they made gsp believe he was abducted by aliens

The technique has barely been used over the last 20 years of MMA. Most fighters don't throw them at all and almost no one throws them consistently. The ones that do throw it as a push kick to the thigh, not a stomp to the knee.

Well then you better ban those "push kicks to the thigh" because there will be misses that strike the knee. I just don't see it as a problem, at least not at this point. Not even close.

You are absolutely right. UFC allows these strikes and wonders why everyone has knee problems. Its an unnecessary strike that we can do without. Its really about protecting the longevity of these guys careers.

as someone with knee problems as 28 but is a fan of MMA, i am really confused

Naw , let's not keep taking away weapons from the fighters.

Back