Ban Herb Dean.

After the round was called, he didn't move for a while and even when he dragged himself partially across the cage, was unable to respond to Herb telling him to get up. He was fucked up BADLY. I genuinely don't think it was an ego thing. Herb should have stopped the fight long before anyone should have had "maybe CB should have tapped" cross their mind.
I already agreed that the ref messed up. I also stated at the beginning of the gif, when he still clearly looked lucid enough to make a decision. Finally, my comment are more to rile the people who believe that a fighter should never tap, but "go out on their shield". Still, I felt bad for CB. Herb really fucked up on that one. I wonder if a lawsuit could ever be brought in these kind of situations.

Edit. Oh yeah, I see another thread about how corners should throw in the towel more often. Why don't they? Maybe the fighter is too dazed to tap, but not the corner.

Dana once said that Herb was the best ref, mostly to stick it to Big John - who criticized the UFC after leaving for a gig at the Fight Network. Dana also used his influence to keep John from getting reffing gigs in Nevada when he returned. Herb has always been indecisive now he's moved on to incompetent.

<31>
What are all these "The shots weren't that hard" comments?????
It's not up to Herb to judge the blunt force measurements and velocity of each blow. When a fighter stops intelligently defending themselves, the fight is done. CB was fucking done.
He wasn't fighting back. He just laid there covering his face. At one point, he just completely gave up his back and didn't even try to turn around or get up to fight--he was DONE.

The ref is there to protect the fighter---from the opponent, and from their SELF. You don't trust a half concussed, exhaused guy to make good decisions while he's in the middle of getting his ass kicked. Herb Dean unquestionably, royally fucked up.
I don't even want to call it a fuck up, that implies an accident. I'm honestly baffled by how that fight went on the way that it did.

I already agreed that the ref messed up. I also stated at the beginning of the gif, when he still clearly looked lucid enough to make a decision. Finally, my comment are more to rile the people who believe that a fighter should never tap, but "go out on their shield". Still, I felt bad for CB. Herb really fucked up on that one. I wonder if a lawsuit could ever be brought in these kind of situations.

Edit. Oh yeah, I see another thread about how corners should throw in the towel more often. Why don't they? Maybe the fighter is too dazed to tap, but not the corner.

If it hasn't be updated in the latest Unified Rule, towel throws are not recognized to end fights in MMA bouts.

I guess a ref has the discretion if they see fit, but the towel does not signal the end of the bout.

Dan the Man is clearly the best ref right now Herb Dean is trash he's really following that Yamasaki course.

In his defense CB does have a face you want to see punched just saying.

guy is in a coma in the hospital,

herb dean's head pops out of the curtains: "i warning you. fight back"

I'm warning you... Fight back!!!

2015-01-29T191632Z_1_LYNXMPEB0S0YF_RTROPTP_2_USA-NEWYORK-SHOOTING.JPG.cf.jpg

Herb's like "White man gotta bleed muthafucka!!"

Herb has been around way too long to pull stupid shit like that. He has even had a few pro fights of his own. Very strange situation to have a fighter face down.. completely flat... just eating shots to the head not moving it’s like Jesus Christ Herb make a move here and save homeboy!

Lets not forget about all the fence grabs he let fighters get away with

Herb Dean has never been very good. Joe and the other commentators just started saying he was one of the best in the business every chance they got suddenly around the time the UFC started to hate Big John.

You know it's gonna be bad when he's out the moment you hit the play button...

Back