"Baltimore's Mom of the Year" Toya Graham Speaks Out About Rioting Son's Smackdown

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
Baltimore ‘Mom Of The Year’ Goes Viral After She Disciplines Rioter Son
April 28, 2015​

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A Baltimore mother is making headlines. Some are calling her “mom of the year” for how she reacts to seeing her son as part of the riots.

Marcus Washington has more on who this mother is and why she is getting so much attention.

“I could see the objects being thrown at the police and I was like in awe. Like, ‘Oh my God, this is really happening right here with me,’” Toya Graham said. “Low and behold, I turn around and I look in this crowd and my son is actually coming across the street.”

In a hoodie, Toya Graham knew her 16-year-old son, grabbing and hitting him—all while police and cameras surrounded her.

“And he gave me eye contact. And at that point, not even thinking about cameras or anything like that.”

It’s the reaction of a mother scared of what could happen to her only son.

“At the end of the day, I don’t want him to be a Freddie Gray,” said Graham. “But to stand up there and vandalize police officers, that’s not justice. I’m a single mom, and I have six children. I just chose not to live like that anymore.”

Shocked and angry that her son was part of a group that turned violent by throwing rocks at police and damaging their cars.

At the end of the night, there were more than 200 arrests. Toya is happy Micahel was not one of them.

“Is he the perfect boy? No, he’s not. But he’s mine,” she said. “I’m just grateful I was able to get him home. I hope that he understands the seriousness what was going on last night.”

“You had one mother who grabbed their child who had a hood on his head and she started smacking him on the head because she was so embarrassed. I wish I had more parents that took charge of their kids out there tonight,” said Commissioner Anthony Batts, Baltimore City Police Department.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...s-viral-after-she-disciplines-rioter-son/amp/

Last edited:
She is exactly what the World needs right now, a mother willing to discipline her child and try keep them away from the path of destruction so many youths are led down ...she may not have much, but she had the courage to stand up against the negative forces.

Great Mother!

So does this make her a cornball sister who isn't down with the struggle?

baltimore-riot-mom.jpg

How is she not in jail, that is physical abuse caught on camera no less.

Liberal brains are exploding over this one.

"What she did was right, I guess, but I don't agree with corporal punishment. He definitely deserved it, but she wasn't right in how she went about it......but maybe she was. Does this make her racist? Oh' God, my head....it hurts...."

*head explodes*

Need more parents like her, not just in Baltimore but America in general.

Yea we need more parents unrelentingly abusing their kids in public. Beautiful state of affairs, a nation of abusers

Some of you are completely disingenuous.

Great, she showed up to put a beatdown on her kid...but look man, stop acting like you all don't know this is the sort of person that is raising these "youths"...she's got 6 kids, no man in the house - she IS part of the problem, not the solution. "Mother of the Year" because she did the bare bone minimum? Disingenuous libs running to crown her, knowing full well what the data shows about the situation in households like hers. This is the type of person the Left loves to hold up. "You dont need a man, you're a strong black woman!!, Mom of the year, [insert feminist slogan] here." It's completely wrecked communities.

Last edited:
In large crowds energy is tense thus you must have a lawful abiding citizen per every 7-10 youths who learn visually and follow the leader types. If they want to rally they need to have supervision as a law so youths don't get creative in terms of destruction.

Liberal brains are exploding over this one.

"What she did was right, I guess, but I don't agree with corporal punishment. He definitely deserved it, but she wasn't right in how she went about it......but maybe she was. Does this make her racist? Oh' God, my head....it hurts...."

*head explodes*

Yes, clearly this is a shining example of the usefulness of corporal punishment in raising children.

I think it's a strange world indeed when someone is praised for telling their son not to pillage and plunder. Good on her, but I mean, come on, it's what she's supposed to do.

Great, she showed up to put a beatdown on her kid...but look man, stop acting like you all don't know this is the sort of person that is raising these "youths"...she's got 6 kids, no man in the house - she IS part of the problem, not the solution. "Mother of the Year" because she did the bare bone minimum? Disingenuous libs running to crown her, knowing full well what the data shows about the situation in households like hers. This is the type of person the Left loves to hold up. "You dont need a man, you're a strong black woman!!, Mom of the year, [insert feminist slogan] here." It's completely wrecked communities.

you win the internets sir.

Disengenuous? Pot meet kettle. You dont know the circumstances regarding her being a single mother. Maybe she was happily married before Dad had a heart attack - but you assume the worst.

Yes, clearly this is a shining example of the usefulness of corporal punishment in raising children.

It's a shining example of political stances being completely irrelevent in the grand scheme of things. Right, left, and in-between, all in one 10 second clip.

Disengenuous? Pot meet kettle. You dont know the circumstances regarding her being a single mother. Maybe she was happily married before Dad had a heart attack - but you assume the worst.

Ya I'm 100% sure that's not the case.

Back