Bakers Dozen MUSIC Game

12. The Midnight Special - Creedence Clearwater Revival

13 Songs About Ireland or Ireland in The Titles....
1. Gary Moore - Blood Of Emeralds

2. Planxty - Only Our Rivers Run Free

3. Chris Rea - Windy Town

4. Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar
5. Megadeth - Holy Wars

1. Gary Moore - Blood O
5. Megadeth - Holy Wars
I like the tune but...<{1-10}>

I like the tune but...

No prob... Dave Mustaine wrote it about the Irish Catholics vs Protestants. Apparently during a concert, Dave inadvertently insulted the audience, being naive and insensitive to the situation and, had to leave early, and received death threats.

No prob... Dave Mustaine wrote it about the Irish Catholics vs Protestants. Apparently during a concert, Dave inadvertently insulted the audience, being naive and insensitive to the situation and, had to leave early, and received death threats.
Oh ok then m8 I know the story there about him pissing off the prods but I think he mentions Israel in the tune eh? I always thought it was about the Middle East?

Oh ok then m8 I know the story there about him pissing off the prods but I think he mentions Israel in the tune eh? I always thought it was about the Middle East?
I suppose you have a point in that he doesn't mention anything Irish.... I'm going to redact my entry to:

5. The Dubliners - The Rocky Road to Dublin

I suppose you have a point in that he doesn't mention anything Irish.... I'm going to redact my entry to:

;)Brilliant tune m8!

You are both correct.

6. House of Pain - Jump Around

I know I could look it up but what say you @Thunderhead does the song pertain to N.Ireland?I thought his rant at that show was after the song was written.Cheers.

Well, the Wikipedia article on the song mentions that it pertains to the Northern Ireland Conflicts:

The lyrics deal with the Northern Ireland conflict. In an interview with the UK magazine Guitarist, Mustaine says that he was inspired to write the song in Northern Ireland, when he discovered bootlegged Megadeth T-shirts were on sale and was dissuaded from taking action to have them removed on the basis that they were part of fund raising activities for "The Cause" (i.e. the Provisional Irish Republican Army).[1] "The Punishment Due" is based on the popular Marvel comic book character, the Punisher.[2]

Oh, and here's what Dave had to say about the song:

This song has been interpreted to be about the troubles in Northern Ireland, but Dave Mustaine has indicated that the song is about Israel (Mustaine's mother is Jewish though he is Christian). In an interview with Rock Detector, Mustaine said: "'Holy Wars' doesn't talk about any specific place in time. It doesn't talk about any country. It just says, 'Don't look now to Israel it might be YOUR homeland.'"

On Israel National Radio, Mustaine said: "I've mentioned Israel in songs before, in 'Holy Wars.' Holy wars don't necessarily have to start in Israel. It can be anywhere. There are so many holy wars taking place in the world right now anyway. People are dying for a cause. It's so unbelievable.

As for myself, I thought the song dealt with the wars in the Middle East (Don't look now to Israel, it might be your homeland), but the thing with Dave Mustaine is that you just never know what's going on in that crazy mind of his. His lyrics were more understandable when he was high as a kite in the previous three albums. Rust In Peace was the first album that he did completely sober.

6. House of Pain - Jump Around
7. The Pogues - Dirty old town

Back