Bagwork feedback (Not a great video)

theranch

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score

Any constructive feedback is welcome. i haven't hit a heavy bag in probably 2 years due to a combination of studying for things and switching to Muay Thai rather than Boxing.

Few things i noticed that my hands are a little low and upper body movement is a little stiff but more importantly my feet are 'Hopping' rather than sliding.

Let me know what you guys think.

I've been told you are not supposed to slide your feet. instead to take little steps.

Punches looking good, speed and snap are okay. Just make sure you incorporate head/body movement, or pivot after your punches. A real opponent can counter you. Last but not least, keep your chin down.

I've been told you are not supposed to slide your feet. instead to take little steps.
this is what my coaches tell me too but with little steps you can almost have the illusion of sliding rather than hopping and being off balance

this is what my coaches tell me too but with little steps you can almost have the illusion of sliding rather than hopping and being off balance
yea it may look similar but you should not hear your feet squeaking across the floor. not saying you are. I don't know about hopping. You do hop sometimes in kicking arts.

Punches looking good, speed and snap are okay. Just make sure you incorporate head/body movement, or pivot after your punches. A real opponent can counter you. Last but not least, keep your chin down.
Cheers will try to move more often after i punch. its a strange transition between boxing and muay thai because obviously you cant move too much when there is kicks involved for fear of not being able to check.

yea it may look similar but you should not hear your feet squeaking across the floor. not saying you are. I don't know about hopping. You do hop sometimes in kicking arts.
by hopping i mean both feet leaving the floor at the same time rather then pushing off from one to the other

You are in a gym right before a class. You have a coach. And i see nothing in the video that need to be picked on, or something that tells me that you need to find another gym.

So just have fun and keep training. Keep up the good work.

When you jab you bring your right hand forward as well. A good fighter will see that and counter you with a left hook. Keep it on your chin.

Looking fast and powerful. The only thing I can nitpick on (and it might be different when you spar) is you don't protect your face with your non-punching hand and you don't retract your punches quickly to a defensive position after landing. Get your non-punching hand working hard on defense and retract your punches like a piston back to a defensive position. Incorporate some head movement and get off the center line. You look very counter-able in this video is someone were to slip one of those nice bombs

When you jab you bring your right hand forward as well. A good fighter will see that and counter you with a left hook. Keep it on your chin.
Cheers for the feedback. Watching it with that in mind it seems glaringly obvious so definitely something to work on.

Looking fast and powerful. The only thing I can nitpick on (and it might be different when you spar) is you don't protect your face with your non-punching hand and you don't retract your punches quickly to a defensive position after landing. Get your non-punching hand working hard on defense and retract your punches like a piston back to a defensive position. Incorporate some head movement and get off the center line. You look very counter-able in this video is someone were to slip one of those nice bombs
Thank you. Will be working on driving that returning hand back quick and not being there for the counter in the near future.

Back