Bag work video

jonander50

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
What's up guys? I made a Bag work video. I never do bag work with gloves, I have calloused knuckles anyways, I try to condition my wrist with some exercises also.

Here is the video, all feedback appreciated :

Another video with gloves :

Last edited:
that uppercut reminds me of when you play Mortal Kombat and duck and then press X to launch up

SNES--Ultimate%20Mortal%20Kombat%203_Sep11%2015_22_56.png

51 seconds in, are you taking a break from having thrown 12 punches. Also you´re not simulating a fight, you throw two punches then wait till the heavybag stops moving, a real fighter times it will it´s moving and keeps hitting it.

Last edited:
you take a break every 5 seconds. Don´t have cardio for keeping the hands up

the technique , besides reaching upwards with the uppercut, seems normal, doesn´t suck imo, Sinister is able to tell you better.

Last edited:
that uppercut reminds me of when you play Mortal Kombat and duck and then press X to launch up

SNES--Ultimate%20Mortal%20Kombat%203_Sep11%2015_22_56.png
funny you should say, because the background music reminded me of the street fighter 2 machine in an arcade.

I would say athleticaly and movement wise you seem talented enough, would you agree @Sinister ?

Just learn the movements and get athletic and get skills

There are good things in your moves, especially in the right hook. You seem athletic. You shouldn t rest like this after throwing 5 or 6 punches. Keep your stance during the exercice... Have shorter rounds. You must work on boxing general mechanics: some moves are good, some are non sense.

There are good things in your moves, especially in the right hook. You seem athletic. You shouldn t rest like this after throwing 5 or 6 punches. Keep your stance during the exercice... Have shorter rounds. You must work on boxing general mechanics: some moves are good, some are non sense.

He seems like the guy who could actually learn it.

For me it seems that you don t train in a gym but alone and you mimic fighters you watch. You should learn to move and use simpler techniques. Also, you should shadowbox more than do heavy bag.

Yes i agree with you, Yugo King. Despite of lack of technique, he seems explosive and can be dangerous. However, i would not do that without protecting hand too long...

Practise bag work with hand wraps and gloves, it doesn't matter if your knuckles are callused. Your bones will break if it goes slightly wrong, and even if you know what you're doing, anyone can make a mistake.

I don't think he's resting out of being tired, especially not early on the video it seems more like the dude is still figuring out what he wants to do with the bag. Good power though

Practise bag work with hand wraps and gloves, it doesn't matter if your knuckles are callused. Your bones will break if it goes slightly wrong, and even if you know what you're doing, anyone can make a mistake.

true for him, I personaly can bare hand do the heavybag and not hurt myself, like literally go 10 rounds, of course the power is weak, I don´t full blown hit it, well let´s say half way 50% power, only thing is I have hurt finger cartilage, forever, if that wasn´t the case I could hit it harder

Pretty hard to critique what you're doing as you throw one or two punches and stop every 5 seconds. Maybe you can make another video of you working the bag for a full round. Anyway, like others have already said, stop jumping into your punches.

Last edited:
true for him, I personaly can bare hand do the heavybag and not hurt myself, like literally go 10 rounds, of course the power is weak, I don´t full blown hit it, well let´s say half way 50% power, only thing is I have hurt finger cartilage, forever, if that wasn´t the case I could hit it harder

I do pretty much the same thing. I'll stay a bit higher up on the bag so that I can hit it a bit harder, but I started doing it after I'd been training a few years, and I get the sense this dude might be a beginner

The biggest problem is definitely your lack of focus. You look extremely distracted. Need to see the way you transition between techniques. As it stands, you're just throwing yourself out of balance and then taking 5-6 seconds to steady the bag/swat at flies/see who's watching you/whatever.

Im all for strengthening the bones, but if you dont use hand wraps and gloves, its only a matter of time till you delevop a wrist injury.
And your supposed to hit the bag when its swinging towards you.

you've got really good footwork and weight transfer/balance for an untrained guy. You would benefit from doing lots of combo drills on the mitts so go find a trainer.

Back