Badr Hari vs. Ismael Londt

it's a very tricky situation though, booking Hari

on the one hand yes, he brings in a ton of attention and eyeballs

on the other, his rap sheet is appalling. He's got domestic violence against women on there, assaults, bodily harm...

I wrote a thing recently saying Glory should use him for their Amsterdam show but now i think about it, with kickboxing having been under sch a bad light in NL for so long and Glory having this big opportunity to change that, i dont know. Having Hari on the card would probably bring a lot of negative comment and attention from the Dutch press?
( what do the forum Dutchies think? anyone?)

He's controversial, but he has been portrayed in the Dutch press as charismatic and among youths and ethnic minorities he's still very very popular. Photo's like the one below were daily practice, during his trial that is

maxresdefault.jpg

Even recently this parody advert featuring a young Badr got over a million views - http://makerschannel.com/nl/ericbouwman/reclame-bash?video_id=1386

But still, a lot of mayors have banned kickboxing events since the events and its promotors can be audited under the Bibob-law (improvement of public administration integrity). Having Badr Hari on the card doesn't help at all, especially since his case is still under appeal. However if he were to fight (almost happened in Eindhoven against Londt) then i'm convinced he can sell out a 15k venue.

Back