Badou Jack vs. Nathan Cleverly - Hearn Trying To Finalize Deal

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Eddie Hearn, promoter of WBA "regular" light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly (30-3, 16 KOs), is trying to finalize a deal that would see his boxer face former WBC super middleweight champion Badou Jack (21-1-2, 12 KOs). Cleverly has been out of the ring since capturing the title with a technical decision win over Juergen Braehmer in October of 2016. A rematch was going to take place, but it never came together for one reason or another.

Jack was last seen in January, when he went to a twelve round draw with IBF super middleweight champion James DeGale at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Afterwards, Jack announced that he was vacating his title and moving up to light heavyweight. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/badou-ja...ng-finalize-deal--117297#sthash.t2yDhrj2.dpuf

For awhile I was getting the feeling Jack's career would go kind of like Martinez. Got off to a shaky start but he started building himself into a good champion. I don't like him moving up to LHW though. Too many guys there who are a rung above. Ward, Kovalev and Adonis all beat him.

For awhile I was getting the feeling Jack's career would go kind of like Martinez. Got off to a shaky start but he started building himself into a good champion. I don't like him moving up to LHW though. Too many guys there who are a rung above. Ward, Kovalev and Adonis all beat him.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Those three fighters are a rung above everyone at SMW. It's an interesting division for us British fans onhere but it isn't that deep in talent

Yeah, I thought he'd be better off trying to rule SMW and getting some decent paydays in Britain. He can go back down and pursue rematches with DeGale and Groves or maybe fight Smith in the future, I guess. Of course, Benavidez might be ruling that division pretty quickly.

Back