Badou Jack vs Adonis Stevenson May 19th in Toronto

Stevenson has one-shot power, no doubt. I think Jack survives until the 4th or so and then takes over via boxing skills that pay the bills. We shall see. I'm looking forward to this one, myself. Glad to see GRJR back in action as well. Anyone give Diaz a shot in that one?

Pretty embarassing how little buzz there is for this fight right now. I was in Toronto yesterday and didn't hear a thing about it.

100 level seats are $60. floor seats are $200.

Pretty embarassing how little buzz there is for this fight right now. I was in Toronto yesterday and didn't hear a thing about it.

Toronto is not a boxing city. This should have been in Montreal where it would have done considerably better.

Jack always seems to just knick fights close. He throws quantity over quality. with that being said the longer it goes it should favour jack but then again Jack has a bad gas tank. 10,11,12 are bad rounds for Jack. the biggest bet is will Stevenson show his age, there have been much older boxers that were able to keep up the pace into their mid 40's but you never know since Stevenson hasn't had to go that far. He is however a gym rat and able to go 20 rounds in the gym. but with pressure and all eyes on you it's a whole diffrent ball game. I think if Stevenson has trouble early than he will drop the decision. But, I'm picking Stevenson here.

My Guy from Quebec will KO the Swdish Can into oblivion

Looking forward to this. Think Jack's ability to employ the lateral movement while throwing the high volume, racking up the connects, but confusing with hard shots thrown in with the light shots, will win him the night. Adonis still looks sharp vs bums, but Jack has an assortment of tools and I don't think a 40+ yr old beats, even if Stevenson hits like a sledgehammer.

Cheering for Badou, but he's getting KTFO by that old POS.

Cheering for Diaz too... so I guess I'll go 0/2 tonight. I hope they're in it at least.

Frustrating yet exciting fight .. could go either way or a draw . Can’t really argue with the decision

a lot of people here in Las Vegas, close to this fight were not happy with the promotion either

a lot of people here in Las Vegas, close to this fight were not happy with the promotion either

For what it's worth, the people I know in Toronto (most aren't boxing fans, at all) knew the fight was happening. I was fairly surprised the profile the fight got in the Toronto press, and a fair amount showed up. Toronto isn't even close to being a boxing city, and I have no idea why they'd schedule Stevenson outside of Quebec, but it seems like it generated a fair bit of buzz relative to expectations.

For what it's worth, the people I know in Toronto (most aren't boxing fans, at all) knew the fight was happening. I was fairly surprised the profile the fight got in the Toronto press, and a fair amount showed up. Toronto isn't even close to being a boxing city, and I have no idea why they'd schedule Stevenson outside of Quebec, but it seems like it generated a fair bit of buzz relative to expectations.
i cant really speak for toronto or canada, i was more referring to the boxing world in general. the promotion was lacking.

i cant really speak for toronto or canada, i was more referring to the boxing world in general. the promotion was lacking.
i agree!!! No promo for such an important fight like this

My friend. I think my fellow boricua Lou Del Valle cost Badou the fight. The plan was to tired Stevenson but by doing so, they ended up giving away 5 of the first 6 rounds that ended up being a draw. I think Badou would have stopped Adonis if he would have been more active at the beginning.

Take care man

Back