Badger balls

Stuffed pepper: bell pepper = 2g pro, 12g carb, Feta cheese = 10g pro, 16g fat, chicken = 15g pro, 8g fat
365 calories

Hey Badger, just stumbled on this. Nice new Avatar man!

I am trying to cut down on carbs as well and I'm struggling terribly. I mean, I'm probably down to about 200-250 grams of carbs a day, and it's killing me haha. I mean, it's terrible. Most of it is from almonds and other nuts, sometimes a little bread(we have something called rugbrød here, which is very grainy and dark bread) and rice.

I would like to try out a ketogenic diet, just for a while, but it's tough man. Also with working out so much. I used to actually eat soup only for like 4-5 days a few times a year when I was younger, and if I got through that. Not for weightloss, but mainly for the mental aspect, and the "cleansing".

Anyway, any insight or advice in cutting out carbs, and carb cravings?

Hows the semester treating you?

Yeah i can't recall where i stumbled upon but i figured it'll stay here for a while instead of the old snarl. I just graduated with Honours, but 0.5 short on GPA for Physio. FML i need to take two more courses to even potentially increase it lol good years though. I'll be attempting it soon though.

I say cut 25-50g a month to get used to it if your current carbs are that high. Help ease into it. The biggest battle with ketosis is the mental aspect, especially the first few weeks which is where everyone fails. Once that hump is done it is amazingly easy. I don't put most of my athletes on it for this reason, though i have a few who are (know your clients well basically).

For the cravings, get xylitol. Mix that in coffee. If it makes your cravings go away, you're craving the sweet taste mentally and its a psychological thing. If it doesn't subside, add some very light carbs. This is why i keep bell peppers and some berries in my diet. It keeps the pallet flavorful as well as containing micronutrients and antioxidants. I also eat berries just by like the 4-5 of them, this keeps it low and curbs any glucose cravings i get. Or, alternatively, grab something fatty and gnaw on it or down it. With eggs i usually use 2 whole eggs and 1-2 yolks (toss it in my protein shake). Nuts are good, just try to use the ones with less carbs. Once you decide to delve into it fully, pm and i'll guide ya through it.

Edit:
(Tablespoon PB) 4g carb, 3g pro, 8g fat = 90 calories

Ahh, that's too bad man! With your ability and knowledge they are stupid for letting a small thing like that prevent you from becoming a Physio. You will make a better physio than the majority of people out there studying, certainly most I know! Good luck man at keep at it. You are getting the experience in, so when you start you'll breeze right through no problems. Not like me haha.

This semester is HARD. The hardest yet I'd say, but they say that this is the one where we put things together and actually starts to feel like Physios. We have a lot of neurology and neuroanatomy right now, in conjunction with putting the pieces together and doing a lot of joint play and, most importantly, diagnosing. I actually quite like neurology, more than anatomy. Anyway, hopefully I'll pull through, need to be a bit more disciplined.

Haha, 200 grams of carbs is very little for me. I don't know how much I eat normally, but easily twice as much, and sometimes more. Yeah I'll probably try to lower it over time. How far do I have to get down in order for it to become real ketogenic? About 70 grams? Keep in mind I weigh 200lbs. I also read something about too much protein can interfere with it?

Yep, cutting out berries, bananas(rarely do I eat bananas, but they are good for magnesium), almonds/hazels and such is the one thing I dislike the most. A lot of good and nutritional stuff in those. I am also training a lot so if I get a fight or something, I'll obviously not keep the diet, but I would like to just try it out.

Thanks on the tip, but I don't drink coffee. I think I'll manage!

I have a shot at Queens still. U of T and Mac are out :( thanks though, means a lot from a future PT :) gives me hope.

Neuro anatomy is very interesting and one im trying to learn more about, especially neurokinetic therapy. Parts are hogwash it seems but others are incredibly thorough. They are on FB if you want to look and see what they have to offer.

Real ketogenic is typically achieved at less than 50g, though some have been able to hit it under 70g. My buddy did i under 70g and hit it within a week. Takes me two weeks at under 50g, lucky bugger.

Yes, too much protein can, aim for 0.89-1 g per pound of lean mass.

I keep berries in mine, the odd banana, half dragonfruit or something. Keeps variety. But i always make sure its below 50g for the day, and i center my carb pre or post workout to help with GLUT4 receptor uptake and avoid hypersinsulinemia. IF you do go keto, ease out of it slowly also. Your insulin will be super sensitive and if you dont time the carbs right and just eat a shit ton, its easy for lipogenesis to occur. Add like 15g per week when coming out.

Piri Piri seasoned quarter chicken dinner w/ carrots. 8g carb, 30g pro, 15g fat, 297 calories
And a low carb energy drink. On a grey hound in an hour to try to see my friend and talk him out of dumb shit. Also, quit my job to look for a new one in my field or anything better than the new boss i have.

Back home. Returned keys to my boss. Ate her lunch (some protini thing and her apple). Don't care, proud of it.

lol Badger is my nickname though :( lol

Back home. Returned keys to my boss. Ate her lunch (some protini thing and her apple). Don't care, proud of it.
Shit man haha, didn't know you were such a G Badger! :D

Did you talk your friend out of whatever it was? And what's up with the boss? Thought you were happy working.

My corner store job got a new manager, to make a long story short, she was having the old ladies take garbage out into an alley where drug deals go on (dangerous as fuck) because "i have better things to do with my time than take garbage out in the morning. So do we at night, its called not get attacked.
She hired 3 new people, cut my hours to literally nothing ( i have no hours there for the next month and onward), cut hours from everyone else who has been working there for years, changing their shifts to days they have to look after their kids etc. Then expected us to be on call for her and her kid when she has to leave to look after him.

I left her a note telling her it was disrespectful and dangerous to do all of this to everyone as people depend on these hours to pay rent etc and now can't, yet we have to take pity on her because her kid has autism. Customers hate her already and shes been here a month. We arent allowed to replenish our scratch tickets, so people cant buy them and get angry. She changed the way closings work so now these ladies dont get out until 11:45 t night instead of 11:10 and she refuses to pay them for it (illegal).

I was supposed to work 12-8 today (my last day on schedule essentially) to be her relief, told her i wasn't coming in in the note. She called me bitching about how she has to look after her kid at 12. Told her people had to have hours to make rent and live and that karma is an asshole, she can suck it up like we just had to and told her she's a terrible manager for this neighborhood. She accused me of eating her lunch, told her she had no proof and shes full of shit (someone was probably listening on the other end), told her to pay me asap as i'm short a week because she forgot to send in our stubs. But i was nice and did the garbage, filled milk and locked everything and told her i'd still teach her kid BJJ (he goes to the same club).

My friend tried to kill himself, we had to get a hold of his parents to find his location so the cops could grab him and help him. He's okay for now, he needs major help. His dad shot himself in the head when he was 15 and he had just walked into the house when the bang went off. Thanks for asking brother.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I've had simular experiences unfortunately. One of my old friends once hung himself from a tree, luckely the belt snapped. He was in a ward for some time after that. Another one had me on the phone while he was basicly committing suicide, made me promise I wouldn't call the ambulance, but I did and they got there in time. He hated me for it at first, but later told me he was glad I did it. I don't talk to him anymore, we had a falling out.

It's good that you are there for your friend, just remember to take care of yourself too. It sucks you in. I hope he gets the help he needs, and that he can find some support in his family, and friends like you. Really hope it turns out for the better.

Man, that boss sounds like a totalt bitch. No wonder you quit, you did the right thing. Feel bad for the clients though, but what can you do.

Yeah, but i have a job interview this monday. Crossing fingers.

Ahem: 6 whole eggs fried in butter mixed with oz of old cheddar. Side of spinach with balsamic vinegar.

Coffee with butter, 3 eggs fried in coconut oil, some carrots and celery.

24 dry rub BBQ chicken wings with celery, water, fenugreek.

6 wings, stuffed egg bell pepper with cheese.

3 sausage links.

Lunch is stuffed pepper with egg and cheese and salsa.

2 Medium coffees, one with 3 cream the other with 4 cream.
1 scoop PB.
Cheese and sausages x 4
A REAL, Large Chicken ceasar salad. None of that fake shit with ceasar dressing.

Steak with asparagus, onions and mushrooms cooked in butter.

Large Greek salad with black olives, red onion, lettuce, cucumber, feta, olive oil and oregano.
2 sasuages
Coffee with 3 cream.

Coffee ground burgers. Yes, and they are goooood.

Back