Bader putting Meat-Head thru the meat GRINDER

Bader looks better than ever. Either that or Meathead really sucks.

Bader is probably the same as he has been the last few years, just like Mitrione. This was just another example of how much more skilled good LHWs are compared to HWs, nothing new.

Bader vs. Sonnen is a solid match-up too.
What? No it's not. Bader/Fedor will be interesting but bader/Chael would be terrible.

Bader has all the same tools as Chael does except he's better at all of them, not to mention he's bigger and in his prime.

This just prove how good Runble’s wrestling is. Bader shoot the same takedown to Rumble and get dominated badly
You do know that Anthony Rumble Johnson was a Junior College National Champion in wrestling. So Ryan Bader trying to shoot a double leg on another wrestler who actually knows how to sprawl is totally different than shooting a double leg from a mile away on Matt Mitrione.

Great performance by Ryan Bader here against a much larger opponent. Bader for me wins this whole tournament and TBH always been a fan so no problem with that.

Anyone surprised a LHW is dominating HWs?

Yeah. Bader looks solid at HW.

Bader would be just an awful style matchup for Sonnen. Hopefully Fedor wins so there is at least some drama to be had in the final. Fedor would at least have the threat of the one punch KO. Sonnen would be outgunned on the feet and facing a considerable better/stronger wrestler. I don't see how that fight doesn't end with Chael turtled up with Bader dropping bombs on him.

The weight gap between heavyweights and light heavyweights is not nearly as significant as people like to think. Most of the heavyweight roster are just overweight and too lazy to cut to 205. Bader was 230 and still shredded. Consider that Cain is 240 and not shredded at all. Bader is a top 5 light heavyweight with a strong wrestling base, stands to reason a heavyweight outside the top 10 with crappy wrestling defense would have no answer for him. Mitrione only had a puncher's chance.

Saying that for years. 15lbs way too much at 155/170 but it's not like we have super HW that have to cut to 265... so I'd rather have 155-165-175-185-195-225-265

You do know that Anthony Rumble Johnson was a Junior College National Champion in wrestling. So Ryan Bader trying to shoot a double leg on another wrestler who actually knows how to sprawl is totally different than shooting a double leg from a mile away on Matt Mitrione.
So what are you trying to say? I never said Rumble and Meathead are the same person and i dont need you to tell me AJ was a wrestler. I just said that Rumble is one of the best wreslter in LHW because he dominated Bader, who is the best wrestler in Bellator, with ease.
People have been shitting on Rumble for years because he get wrestlefucked by DC, said he is the Conor of LHW, said he has shitty wrestling, shitty cardio and ingored the fact that he dominated Bader at his own game, stop all Davis’s TD with ease and dominated Davis for 3 rounds. Davis and Bader are two best wrestler in Bellator right now and probably top 5 in the UFC before Rumble move up to that division.
That is what i was trying to say. But you say like Bader can only takedown bums with no TDD so that Rumble beat Bader at his own game is nothing special?

Last edited:
Yeah was boring as fuck though...cant stand Baders wrestling mentality. I mean it's this deal with wrestlers that they are 100% ok with just controlling someone to get w instead of trying to finish them like it's an actual fight.

Bader is a damn good wrestler though, I am not looking forward to watching him lay on top of Fedor and holding for 3 rounds....fuck I hate that shit lol.

it was so one-sided some of those rounds could have been 10-7

Meathead thought he will walk through him and didnt train hard enough. Bader though came zoned in and heavy!

Anyone surprised a LHW is dominating HWs?

Yeah. Bader looks solid at HW.

Except he isn't a LHW. He is a HW dominating a guy known for a terrible ground game. Bader is huge, and looks great not cutting weight. There was a pic of him with Velasquez and he looked like the HW compared to Velasquez. Bader is only 6.5lbs lighter than Fedor but has more muscle. 225-240lbs is where all of the best HWs have typically fought at.

I was greatly impressed at how bader looked at 230 lbs.. strong , agile, fast, great gas tank, that bader vs Cormier would’ve been interesting to see .

Meathead thought he will walk through him and didnt train hard enough. Bader though came zoned in and heavy!

I think Mitrione may just be that bad on the ground, but I do remember commenting that he looked softer than usual. I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't way overconfident. He was certainly talking like it.

Bellator was really over hyping Meathead. He's an average one dimensional heavyweight.

Chael has decent hands, when he uses them. And Bader has been chinny in the past. I don't know that he wins the striking but it gives him a chance. Wrestling Bader dominates him though.

Oh yeah. Bader has pretty good power and striking, but his chin can be his downfall. He started trading shots with Texiera after one failed TD and paid for it. I hope he fights smarter against Fedor. His wrestling looks better than ever, so he should use it.

Bellator was really over hyping Meathead. He's an average one dimensional heavyweight.

In this very forum a lot of people were saying he's extremely underrated. Of course when he was in the UFC, they laughed at him for losing to guys like Schaub. I agree with your assesment, though. If he ever learned to wrestle, he could've been quite good. He has the striking, size and athleticism to be a force.

So what are you trying to say? I never said Rumble and Meathead are the same person and i dont need you to tell me AJ was a wrestler. I just said that Rumble is one of the best wreslter in LHW because he dominated Bader, who is the best wrestler in Bellator, with ease.
People have been shitting on Rumble for years because he get wrestlefucked by DC, said he is the Conor of LHW, said he has shitty wrestling, shitty cardio and ingored the fact that he dominated Bader at his own game, stop all Davis’s TD with ease and dominated Davis for 3 rounds. Davis and Bader are two best wrestler in Bellator right now and probably top 5 in the UFC before Rumble move up to that division.
That is what i was trying to say. But you say like Bader can only takedown bums with no TDD so that Rumble beat Bader at his own game is nothing special?
Nope, just informing you that Anthony Rumble Johnson was a National Champion wrestler in Junior College.

Back