Bader-Davis Decision

YourfatherII

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First off, another atrocious fight between these two. Second, how could anyone score that fight for Bader, at least Davis landed a bunch of leg kicks and attempted takedowns. Bad decision.

I only caught the 5th but Phil's face looked like hammered shit and Bader was effectively landing jabs

First off, another atrocious fight between these two. Second, how could anyone score that fight for Bader, at least Davis landed a bunch of leg kicks and attempted takedowns. Bad decision.
tantrum.jpg

Worry not.
This is Bellator.
Even if you go 0-2, you get the third chance.

Just ask Strauss.

I thought it was clearly better than the first but I was mildly distracted by something else while it was going on too. Thought Phil edged it but i'm bias.

Bader got take downs, had davis hurt at one point, and was scoring regularly (although the air was getting beat to shit between the two of them, someone needs to think about the air!). Davis wasnt doing much at all, Bader was doing slightly more

Obvious outcome. Phil Davis is the unevolved fighter I can ever think of. Since his UFC debut, he has not changed in the slightest, no improvements anywhere - just a fantastic wrestler with good submissions. If he can't take you down, its like shooting fish in a barrel.

Bader stuck the jab in Davis's face all fight. The commentators even commented every now and then about how Bader should follow it up but he doesn't.

Davis might've been more aggressive throughout the fight but he couldn't really land anything and Bader also had the only "completed" takedowns in the fight.

Wow did bader won?im so happy for him.and also im happy coz his name adds in machida's resume of beating former or future champions machida got 10 now:)

Wow did bader won?im so happy for him.and also im happy coz his name adds in machida's resume of beating former or future champions machida got 10 now:)

When the fight ended, I turned it off before the decision to get ready for the PPV. So imagine my SHOCK when the announcers casually mentioned Bader winning the title via split decision. I can only imagine Bader's reaction to be GIFTED the championship. Not that I care about Davis but he just seemed to be the more BUSIER fighter so you would have to think he would get the nod there. Guess not. Judging was a shit-show all night.

Good decision. It was close, I only gave 3rd for Davis scoring 49-46 for Bader. People are scoring failled takedown attempts and they should score takedown defense, Bader outwrestled Davis, maybe Davis landed more striker, Bader landed more significant strikes and showed good jab like in Evans fight. He won 2 times against him (2 good but close decisions in my opinion) and he should fight with King Mo next.

4299453-1259162101-l-677.jpg

Phil pushed the pace, threw more, and landed more. It wasn't a good decision.

Back