Bad for the sport but potentially good for viewings: Alcohol?

MatRat75

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
With constant complaints about popularity with views on TUF seasons, do you think allowing booze back into the house SHOULD be allowed back into the show. I personally watch it for the fights and don't care for it but there is no doubt that the booze would bring in the "casual" fans and definitely the cross-over WWE fans. Also with many up and coming fighters being more knowledgeable on nutrition compared to the old seasons where these guys didn't all eat well and lots getting hammered, do you think alcohol would have an effect in the way the season turned out. With that being said I believe it was smart removing it because it made the athletes look like drunken idiots. With that being said I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Side note: Anything else to spark up the season?: Personally I'd like to see more team oriented challenges (not dropping watermelons out of a helicopter for the whole season), fighter promos/ profiles and TUF Brazil (I believe season 3) had that party with the ring girls at the house and ring girl contest in general which made it quite a bit better to watch.

Let me know what you guys think with the alcohol topic and what else could be added in?

Alcohol and the way fighters act on it = Reality. TUF = Reality TV show.

You know, it started with alcohol way back, so if anything ( haven't watched the show since I think nelson carwin) the removal of alcohol would be to bring in fans that think Tuf is a sport.
The figths are totally pointless, doesn't even go on their records,
Take a away the alcohol and drama and you're are left with the lamest show on tv in the history of all time

For ratings it's probably a good idea but for the fighters careers it would be a bad idea. Although, I guess in a way it would be a type of natural selection in where the weaker minded fighters naturally weed themselves out of contention by lacking self-control.

The idea that you hvae to be clean otherwhise you suck dont apply here just look at the strongest of all time
dis brothers, Jon Jones etc

They had alcohol last season, Juicy and Gritz got drunk and started 'fighting'

Junie Browning + whiskey = $$$$ ratings

junie2.jpg

Alcohol , love it.

Would help to take the edge off for the fighters

I think a better question is why are they still doing Tuf

Alcohol has lead to some of the funniest moments in TUF but imo the show is beyond saving at this point they should just scrap it the last good season was the one with Penn and Edgar as coaches

"I'm impossible to KO bruh, come on and try me" - A Drunk Dave Kaplan to Tom Lawler
amxkbl.jpg

TUF-12-punch.gif

fFNol.gif

I think Dana wants it there as a trap, so he has a heads-up as to which prospective fighters lack good judgment. Any ratings bump is just a happy bonus.

I thought this thread was going to be about banning alcohol at live events. When did this ban alcohol in the TUF house?

Yes, give them tons of booze. Just don't let them kill eachother.

For ratings it's probably a good idea but for the fighters careers it would be a bad idea. Although, I guess in a way it would be a type of natural selection in where the weaker minded fighters naturally weed themselves out of contention by lacking self-control.
This is how it used to be.

Bringing booze back is simply throwing the fighters under the bus. At least some of them...for better rating and a lower class of viewer. LOL...I watched the 1st season and had no interest since...I might have watched a different season w someone pissing into a fruit salad or something low class like that and that put the nail in the coffin for me...I had no idea booze was removed...but if it was, why bring it back. If it was removed it was for a reason, and whatever reason it "was"...that reason still exists. Anyway, watching young guys share a house is not what I want to be doing with my free time.

Back