Backstage video after UFC220 - coach consoling Ngannou

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Ngannou's coach says: "I will go home, analyze the whole thing, and see what went wrong"...
Meanwhile, Francis is lying down motionless and looking at the ceiling.....

DC all class there with Volkan.

Ngannou needs to bring some high level wrestlers into his camp and focus on his grappling.

"and see what went wrong"

"i watched video, he beat us with wrestling, next camp we will train some wrestling"

Stipe looks dead. This isn't child's play

When the Chris walked in, I was hoping Stipe was going to say "You're still my Boy!"

Stipe looks dead. This isn't child's play

yea seeing guys like that after a fight, you really gotta wonder how they think about their family and kids, same with football players, i mean i know it's a fuck ton of money but fuck man youre likely going to not even know your kids names when youre 60

Watch the whole thing. Look how beat up Stipe is. Contrary to popular belief, that was DEFINITELY not an easy fight for him. He got rocked more than a few times but his level headedness, very high fight IQ and calm under pressure allowed him to impose his gameplan anyway. I think it was in the first round when he pushed Ngannou back against the cage and Ngannou caught him with this almost arm punch hook going backwards that completely buckled him but he brilliant got the takedown anyway. I was very surprised no one in the booth commentated on that.

I wonder if him being a fireman is how he can stay so calm under such pressure.

Anyway, anyone that thinks that Francis is a joke now and wont have a chance against the other top guys and so forth are delusional. Even as he is now, he has a good chance against everyone. If he improved his wrestling and his game off his back (getting up) and take his opponents seriously and measure (like he did with Overeem) instead of just throwing bombs then he might even beat Stipe I think.

Watch the whole thing. Look how beat up Stipe is. Contrary to popular belief, that was DEFINITELY not an easy fight for him. He got rocked more than a few times but his level headedness, very high fight IQ and calm under pressure allowed him to impose his gameplan anyway. I think it was in the first round when he pushed Ngannou back against the cage and Ngannou caught him with this almost arm punch hook going backwards that completely buckled him but he brilliant got the takedown anyway. I was very surprised no one in the booth commentated on that.

I wonder if him being a fireman is how he can stay so calm under such pressure.

Anyway, anyone that thinks that Francis is a joke now and wont have a chance against the other top guys and so forth are delusional. Even as he is now, he has a good chance against everyone. If he improved his wrestling and his game off his back (getting up) and take his opponents seriously and measure (like he did with Overeem) instead of just throwing bombs then he might even beat Stipe I think.
He narrowly avoided the follow up punch in that sequence that probably would have dropped him. Close calls playing with that much firepower

He narrowly avoided the follow up punch in that sequence that probably would have dropped him. Close calls playing with that much firepower
A few close calls. Stipe is the man though, he fought a brilliant fight.

Did anyone get what Stipe was shouting at the end?

”AAAAEEIIAEEERHHHHG HGHNGNNGAAIIEE OOEEIEEAA”

The Chris was like
<YeahOKJen>
”Yea you did it man”

Did anyone get what Stipe was shouting at the end?

”AAAAEEIIAEEERHHHHG HGHNGNNGAAIIEE OOEEIEEAA”

The Chris was like
<YeahOKJen>
”Yea you did it man”
Dont tell me you are serious and don't get the reference?

Classic

Last edited:
Back