Backstage footage of Nog after the first Fedor fight.

Emotions are real but the way Nog is walking and talking looks he got beaten up so badly that no emotion could change that kind of demeanor. He got absolutely brutalized.

Ugh, you are just gross. I can picture you sitting there salivating in a tiny room where no inch of wallpaint is visible, everything's covered up with Fedor related fandom.

almost got finished by a can

We have a saying where I come from and it's something along the line of: "Almost never caught a rabbit."

Yes indeed! Those Pride events got me pumped evertime, the production was so much better, the intro with the PrideGP theme,

the funny interviews with Bas Rutten en the fight professor, backstage footage. It was the premier organization, a shame it's gone.

It had so much more class and violence combined, beautiful.

Tell me about it, this cracks me up till this day.

Baby Hendo approves

a761ac951636a135effdaa7a5351e038.png

Cans dont win olympic medals

And those are the kind of moments that really made him great.

I think one of Fedors most impressive moments was the heart and drive he showed getting mauled by Bigfoot.

I dont think any of the other potential goats would have fought through that. And i still think he could have won with another round

I agree. Moments of adversity are the measure of a champion.

I'm not a fan of Jones but his win against Gus was one of his best. He showed the heart of a champion in that fight.

Yes indeed! Those Pride events got me pumped evertime, the production was so much better, the intro with the PrideGP theme,

the funny interviews with Bas Rutten en the fight professor, backstage footage. It was the premier organization, a shame it's gone.

It had so much more class and violence combined, beautiful.

UFC has always been a steaming pile of dog shit when compared to Pride.

UFC has always been trashy. The day Pride died was a sad one.

Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Antonio-Bigfoot-Silva1.jpg

The doctor who stopped the fight said that Fedor was actually crying here. I think I would too if I took that much of a beating for so long while being helpless. I could never see Nogueira crying not even after his arm snapped in half.
What .. Lol.

Fedor wanted a third round. And Nogeria never took a beating like that.

Fedors heart in that fight was insane. I dont think anybody else would have stuck in there that long. Thats fuckin pride for you

I agree. Moments of adversity are the measure of a champion.

I'm not a fan of Jones but his win against Gus was one of his best. He showed the heart of a champion in that fight.
100% agree

Anyone who was following the sport back then will know, that GnP Fedor had was completely unprecedented. Guys like Tito and Coleman of course did great work on top, but to that point nobody was generating that kind of explosive power within the guard. I couldn't believe how hard and fast he hit on the ground.

Yeah his winning record is weirdly coincidental to the characteristics that make him the best, it's really his brazen style of scrambling and fighting into danger. Considering the styles of other GOATs, we get a lot of athletes whose defenses are impenetrable, footwork more cautious, and offenses dare fewer risks.

I feel a bit disappointed some fans didn't get to experience the magic. He was really something to watch.

Anyone who was following the sport back then will know, that GnP Fedor had was completely unprecedented. Guys like Tito and Coleman of course did great work on top, but to that point nobody was generating that kind of explosive power within the guard. I couldn't believe how hard and fast he hit on the ground.

Absolutely, and that's the kind of thing that a new fan can't just glean from watching a few highlights. I remember Fedor was the first guy to make me fucking wince when he'd start laying in the GnP, you could feel the power in those shots...

Back