Backpacker's lifestyle

Ghostface Playa

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
these people who use their wages/savings on traveling. How or are they saving for their future? They live a lifestyle most peolple would only dream of, work a little bit, quit, then travel to another city maybe country. Rinse repeat. It's an envious lifestyle but it seems shortsighted and designed for a healthy and young body. I understand life is too short and you gotta make most of it but how much preparation for late life?

I don't mean to generalise but I think people that lead this lifestyle hit 30 then start pissing and moaning about the price of property.

these people who use their wages/savings on traveling. How or are they saving for their future? They live a lifestyle most peolple would only dream of, work a little bit, quit, then travel to another city maybe country. Rinse repeat. It's an envious lifestyle but it seems shortsighted and designed for a healthy and young body. I understand life is too short and you gotta make most of it but how much preparation for late life?
They just settle down in a third world shithole where their white privilege would help them score some random corporate position in any country that adores white skin.

They just settle down in a third world shithole where their white privilege would help them score some random corporate position in any country that adores white skin.
Sign me up! Where do I go for this?

It's definitely a trade off.

And yes youth is critical here.

If you're going to live like a nomad without insurance you sure as hell better be moderately healthy wherever you go.

I'm not against this lifestyle as long as you get it out of your system early in life. This isn't really sustainable for anyone with family and retirement ambitions.

Look Big L was a Great MC but not the GOAT man.

I have a friend who does this and he does it by making $150,000-$200,000 a year. He doesn't touch 30% if it. The rest he uses to travel, move about. But his job pays for his travel, gear, and housing wherever he goe for work.

i backpacked Thailand years ago, While at a hotel in Bangkok, i found a map left by my strange, whacked-out neighbor, who just committed suicide. The map supposedly lead to a legendary island paradise where some other wayward souls have settled, so off i went to find it, i convinced a couple to come with me.
to reach the island we had to swim to it,
When we first arrive on the island, we come across an enormous marijuana plantation guarded by these local farmers armed with AK-47 assault rifles, we barely manage to evade detection. After jumping off cliff and landing in a lake below, this cunt sees us and takes us to this beach community. the cunts interrogated us regarding our knowledge of the island, we didnt have a fucking clue what they were on about but we were accepted. we were introduced to everybody and over the next few days got integrated into the community.
fucking weirdos, i fucked all the chicks and swam out of there

Look Big L was a Great MC but not the GOAT man.
you start making threads again cunt, who the fook are those cunts to decide what goes on here and whats good and whats not, fook em
99% of youre shit is awesome bro and i aint joking

if you spend your entire life preparing for the future then you will never live in the present.

i backpacked Thailand years ago, While at a hotel in Bangkok, i found a map left by my strange, whacked-out neighbor, who just committed suicide. The map supposedly lead to a legendary island paradise where some other wayward souls have settled, so off i went to find it, i convinced a couple to come with me.
to reach the island we had to swim to it,
When we first arrive on the island, we come across an enormous marijuana plantation guarded by these local farmers armed with AK-47 assault rifles, we barely manage to evade detection. After jumping off cliff and landing in a lake below, this cunt sees us and takes us to this beach community. the cunts interrogated us regarding our knowledge of the island, we didnt have a fucking clue what they were on about but we were accepted. we were introduced to everybody and over the next few days got integrated into the community.
fucking weirdos, i fucked all the chicks and swam out of there

Hughes if troo.

Hughes if troo.
0ad4s6Q.gif

If you never want a house or family , or real career it's perfect. Personally I would do it for a few years after college and then settle down. Because all of a sudden you wake up and you are 35 and have issues being able to afford a mortgage and starting a career late, and being an older parent. I do dream of having that lifestyle from time to time, but that's sitting in my home that will be paid off in 5 years, watching my kids play outside with the dog.

I just spent the weekend camping with a guy who did a lot of backpacking when he was younger. He's been to almost any country I could think of. Has amazing stories. He just walked into areas on his own, lived with locals in remote Cambodian villages, smoked weed with the Pakistani police in the tribal areas did Iraq, Iran, worked as a guide in the Himalayas, South America, Australia etc etc. What great memories to carry with you. After a few years he moved back to the UK and settled down to work.

I've hardly been anywhere :-(

Another guy I know ended up staying in China and earns a fortune so that's the other option - you keep your eyes open and maybe an oppotunity that you couldn't even imagine crops up abroad and you take it.

I just spent the weekend camping with a guy who did a lot of backpacking when he was younger. He's been to almost any country I could think of. Has amazing stories. He just walked into areas on his own, lived with locals in remote Cambodian villages, smoked weed with the Pakistani police in the tribal areas did Iraq, Iran, worked as a guide in the Himalayas, South America, Australia etc etc. What great memories to carry with you. After a few years he moved back to the UK and settled down to work.

I've hardly been anywhere :-(

Another guy I know ended up staying in China and earns a fortune so that's the other option - you keep your eyes open and maybe an oppotunity that you couldn't even imagine crops up abroad and you take it.

That sounds dangerous as fuck.

Being unlawfully detained in a foreign country without even having the language to defend yourself is beyond frightening.

And that's just if the COPS get you.

Back