Back to Majula

I love the random trolls. It's like, how the fuck did they get here? Because fuck you, that's why.
Or how enemies can be 3 feet from you but when you press lock on it just fucks your camera instead of locking on to an enemy. More great design

Or how enemies can be 3 feet from you but when you press lock on it just fucks your camera instead of locking on to an enemy. More great design

I'll forgive the lock on, as it's always been a finicky bitch in these games. What really drove me nuts in DS2, is that they strategically placed all the projectile enemies just far enough away, so that they could cheese you, but you couldn't cheese them back. You aggro those homing magic cunts from a million miles away. Just try to shoot an arrow at them from that distance though. Oh' look, the arrow just vanished before it hit them. Weird.

I'll forgive the lock on, as it's always been a finicky bitch in these games. What really drove me nuts in DS2, is that they strategically placed all the projectile enemies just far enough away, so that they could cheese you, but you couldn't cheese them back. You aggro those homing magic cunts from a million miles away. Just try to shoot an arrow at them from that distance though. Oh' look, the arrow just vanished before it hit them. Weird.
I was mowing down the mage cunts and by shooting one 50 feet from them, two arch Drake’s aggrod to me and when I went to Dark orb them, the camera wouldn’t lock on and they killed me. This is tedious and not fun.

And then the random cliffs you can’t see well without a torch, but when you roll the torch goes out lol

Ok I beat Shrine of Amana. Forgot how much of a turd the boss is. I guess that’s penance for how shitty the level is. Isn’t there some troll NPC with OP pyromancies around here after?

Ok I’ve got a dark witch tree branch +10, Dark Caithas Chime +10, Crypt blacksword +4, mace +10 and I grabbed Velstadts hammer because supposedly it’s good with dark

Tried fighting Vendrick with 3 souls instead of 4, then cut the game into 4 pieces and chucked it in the trash. Good thing it’s free on psn next month

You should record these sessions for our viewing pleasure, ts. Make it happen!

Just started 2 today after i beat 3. 3 being the first DS game I've played, some of these bosses were brutal for me. Almost stopped, but i couldn't live with myself if i let it make me its bitch. 2 is insanely cumbersome in comparison imho. Don't understand how people could enjoy it better, though I'm only 10 or so hours in, so final judgment will have to wait.

Journey is over. I’m not doing Shrine of Amana again. Unless I can find an OP summon, I’m done with this game. The DLC is more of the same unfair bullshit and the rest of the game sucks moving forward. I’m satisfied I guess.

Ok I beat Shrine of Amana. Forgot how much of a turd the boss is. I guess that’s penance for how shitty the level is. Isn’t there some troll NPC with OP pyromancies around here after?

Tried fighting Vendrick with 3 souls instead of 4, then cut the game into 4 pieces and chucked it in the trash. Good thing it’s free on psn next month
Classic. lol

Just started 2 today after i beat 3. 3 being the first DS game I've played, some of these bosses were brutal for me. Almost stopped, but i couldn't live with myself if i let it make me its bitch. 2 is insanely cumbersome in comparison imho. Don't understand how people could enjoy it better, though I'm only 10 or so hours in, so final judgment will have to wait.
If you had not started with a faster game like 3, and lived through the pvp in its hey-day you'd understand. Iron Keep fight clubs were really fun, the builds were more fun. Magic wasn't dog shit like it is in 3. Gank groups like the horrible ones in 3 didn't exist because white phantoms couldn't estus.

Dark Souls 3 is a better game than 2, but there were some pretty great times to be had in 2 that 3 just didn't seem to have for whatever reason.

I know what you're saying. It took me a long time to appreciate 2 because I was comparing it to Demons and DS1 and the mechanics are so different. Now that I consider 2 a completely unique game and not really a sequel, I enjoy it a lot more. It has a ton of charm once you get into it.

I know what you're saying. It took me a long time to appreciate 2 because I was comparing it to Demons and DS1 and the mechanics are so different. Now that I consider 2 a completely unique game and not really a sequel, I enjoy it a lot more. It has a ton of charm once you get into it.
Honestly I didn't really appreciate 2 outside of dueling until SotFS. It really improved the game, though it's still a disjointed mess when you really look at it. Also soul memory continues to be probably the worst game mechanic introduced to any game... ever.

Honestly I didn't really appreciate 2 outside of dueling until SotFS. It really improved the game, though it's still a disjointed mess when you really look at it. Also soul memory continues to be probably the worst game mechanic introduced to any game... ever.
Yeah SM will definitely go down as one of their worst ideas. I prefer Scholar as well but a lot of people hate on it because of the enemy placements. Sure they're bad but the game runs at a solid 60fps and you get the DLCs. The NPC invaders are a nice addition as well.

If you had not started with a faster game like 3, and lived through the pvp in its hey-day you'd understand. Iron Keep fight clubs were really fun, the builds were more fun. Magic wasn't dog shit like it is in 3. Gank groups like the horrible ones in 3 didn't exist because white phantoms couldn't estus.

Dark Souls 3 is a better game than 2, but there were some pretty great times to be had in 2 that 3 just didn't seem to have for whatever reason.

Yeah the magic was garbage. Started off thinking I would use faith/dex, and hated the whole idea of splitting up the estus flask for FP too. Very underwhelming. Stuck with the character, and just started dumping levels into strength and such. Must have dropped 15 levels into useless crap that made the game even harder.

Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy SOTFS, It is a fun game. Though just as you were saying, I started on the fastest one yet, so I have to relearn how to play it. Or at least change it up a bit. The 60fps is so nice in comparison to 3 on the xbox. Shit drove me batty when it kept dipping into the low 20s. Or somewhere near that. And the camera is actually better in SOTFS, so it seems. Enemies breaking lock on and shooting your view into the closest wall or floor was also infuriating.

I wont derail anymore, just new to the series and excited lol.

Yeah the magic was garbage. Started off thinking I would use faith/dex, and hated the whole idea of splitting up the estus flask for FP too. Very underwhelming. Stuck with the character, and just started dumping levels into strength and such. Must have dropped 15 levels into useless crap that made the game even harder.

Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy SOTFS, It is a fun game. Though just as you were saying, I started on the fastest one yet, so I have to relearn how to play it. Or at least change it up a bit. The 60fps is so nice in comparison to 3 on the xbox. Shit drove me batty when it kept dipping into the low 20s. Or somewhere near that. And the camera is actually better in SOTFS, so it seems. Enemies breaking lock on and shooting your view into the closest wall or floor was also infuriating.

I wont derail anymore, just new to the series and excited lol.
Did you turn off the auto wall correct setting? That's always the first thing I do in these games. It's what spins you around when you get near walls. So annoying.

Did you turn off the auto wall correct setting? That's always the first thing I do in these games. It's what spins you around when you get near walls. So annoying.
70+ hours later.... fuck my life
<{hfved}>

Classic. lol
I fucked up and farmed giant lord 10 times not knowing it also ascetic’d the other giant dreams, so getting the Souls was a bitch. Everything one shot me. And then Vendrick was a cheap bitch. I got him to a quarter of his health and his safe spot was against the wall, he can stunlock you to death in 2 hits

I imagine with it being one of the free games next month, we may get some newcomers in here. I’m tempted to take the disk fragments to gamestop and use my insurance to get another kne

Back