Back to Majula

Literally everything about this game was designed to be irritating

Skelly Lord’s first try without alluring skulls, that was interesting.

So it’s been some time since I’ve raged at a game and thought I’d revisit Ds2 Scholar and see if it’s any easier. I’ve been breezing through playthroughs of Ds3 and Bloodborne so I thought I may have gotten good.

I think it took Ds3 to make me fully appreciate how much ass this game sucks. The weapon swing speed is terrible and unfair, the enemy aggro range is almost infinite, no I frames when performing actions, stunlocks, shit hit boxes and unfair trades. Everything about this game is shit. That said, I will soldier on. I just died to the Ruin Sentinels because of how cheap the hitboxes on their weapons are. Back at it again tomorrow.
Grab your Estoc and Leo ring and never look back

Grab your Estoc and Leo ring and never look back
I fucked up and ascetic’d that bonfire to cheese ng+ dragon rider, I’ll never get to Dragonslayer now. Already written him off till I come back as an OP hexer.

I fucked up and ascetic’d that bonfire to cheese ng+ dragon rider, I’ll never get to Dragonslayer now. Already written him off till I come back as an OP hexer.
Whoops

Whoever thought of the black gulch spitting statues and giving them ridiculous poise damage should be castrated and fed their own testicles.

I never got the DS2 hate. It may not be the best of the series, but it’s not the worst either imo.

I played Demon’s Souls for the first time about a month before Dark Souls 1 dropped. I played DS1 and DS2 both on launch. I played Bloodbourne in January 2016. And I just started DS3 on Thursday, finally.

Can’t put my finger on it, and I’m still really early in it (path of sacrifice) but so far DS3 is shaping up to be my least favourite of the entire series. We’ll see how I feel after I beat it.

Deadshot - It’d be great to watch your DS rages via twitch.... I’d be a subscriber

Whoever thought of the black gulch spitting statues and giving them ridiculous poise damage should be castrated and fed their own testicles.
break them I don't really remember but I pretty sure they don't respawn unless you die or leave the area and that's a good area to farm large titanite shards and titanite chunks.

Amana is a joke if you bring your poison arrows. It's the safest approach, even if it takes forever.

I was running for the 2nd gulch fire because I want this to be a crypt blacksword build and I kept getting pinballed by the shitty spitting statues and eaten by the squid hands. And one time Forlon showed up and backstabbed me off the ledge. I might have to do fire arrows and take this nice and slow. Especially since you can get all the way to the statue and get killed trying to use the branch of yore.

"Shrine of Amana" laughs at this statement.
That’s where a lot of my playthroughs of this game have ended. Took my 3 hours to clear on my first playthrough but I can’t seem to run through the level without dying although I’ve seen others do it.

That’s where a lot of my playthroughs of this game have ended. Took my 3 hours to clear on my first playthrough but I can’t seem to run through the level without dying although I’ve seen others do it.

The enemies are all strategically placed for maximum cheese. The game really started to get on my nerves when those enemies with the projectile homing magic bullshit were introduced. The developers just spammed the shit out them. Really made the last third of the game a chore.

Amana is easily the worst zone in the game for me, too. I hate how it basically forces you to take the ranged approach to combat throughout the zone. Yes you can cheez things down if you buy poison arrows in bulk, but that's no fun. Doesn't help either that when you get to the boss of the zone it's just another case of the trash leading up to it being much more difficult-- and that you can just kill it safely with poison arrows, too.

Back