Back pain Bruhs GTFIH

ga_ninja

Whopper or Die
@purple
Reaction score
I hurt my back trying to get out of the car, what are some good stretches to loosen it up? I cant even twist my torso need help.

I've often found that the best thing for for a hurt back is to get moving as much as possible.

Don't push it obviously if it really hurts, but do what you can. Even if it's just walking on a treadmill.

Be sensible about it.... if you really think it needs rest, then rest it. But I've always felt like moving around and trying to stay loose is the best medicine.

I started working hamstring flexibility and it’s helped take some strain off my back. Also got better shoes for me.

go into a hot tub. if it's fresh just take some ibu and go for a walk. i wouldn't try to stretch it too much as long as you don't know what's injured.

the cat-camel and the bird-dog exercises from the following pdf are good starting point if you want to move it anyways
http://www.ahs.uwaterloo.ca/~mcgill/fitnessleadersguide.pdf

also some easy joint mobility like pelvis circles and tilting could relief pain.

get well

Visit a physio.

If you strained your back, go see a doctor and get on a steroid pack with non-narcotic muscle relaxers. He'll also give you a list of stretches. The steroids will increase your recovery extremely fast. I felt a lot better by the second day and was completely better by the fourth. I believe it was a 7 day pack of steroids.

If you strained your back, go see a doctor and get on a steroid pack with non-narcotic muscle relaxers. He'll also give you a list of stretches. The steroids will increase your recovery extremely fast. I felt a lot better by the second day and was completely better by the fourth. I believe it was a 7 day pack of steroids.
You are talking about corticosteroids (antiinflammatory), not anabolics right?

Corticoids are good for pain relief, but not something you'd want to use too often, and not something that helps with regeneration of tissue. Actually there's good evidence for the contrary. Your situation seems fitting, but they should be used wisely.

You are talking about corticosteroids (antiinflammatory), not anabolics right?

Corticoids are good for pain relief, but not something you'd want to use too often, and not something that helps with regeneration of tissue. Actually there's good evidence for the contrary. Your situation seems fitting, but they should be used wisely.

Yes, corticosteroids. I've only used them once, but I was literally shocked by how quickly they worked. It was for a severe strain in my back to where I couldn't really bend over far without locking up and I had slight pain from pretty much anything. It was debilitating. I would definitely advise it for something like that, but not for just general back pain.

Hamstrings and Hip Flexors are almost always the culprits for me when I get stiff.

PS back pain is for pregnant chicks and old people

Lose fat and get stronger. Not in that order.

Don't worry about it TS. Keep active, breathe and stretch and see if it doesn't subside soon. Find some comfortable positions to lie down in as well. Perhaps a few aspirin if need be.

If it persists, seek out a professional.

Yes, corticosteroids. I've only used them once, but I was literally shocked by how quickly they worked. It was for a severe strain in my back to where I couldn't really bend over far without locking up and I had slight pain from pretty much anything. It was debilitating. I would definitely advise it for something like that, but not for just general back pain.
They are very effective for pain relief, but they can have some less than ideal side effects. Great that they worked so well for you!

Tried to smoke a blunt it still hurt i feel a lil better now i took some muscle relaxers from my brother been popping them since then. I do need a natural remedy tho dont want to turn into a pill popper. Im pretty big at 360 lbs so yoga is not an option.

Tried to smoke a blunt it still hurt i feel a lil better now i took some muscle relaxers from my brother been popping them since then. I do need a natural remedy tho dont want to turn into a pill popper. Im pretty big at 360 lbs so yoga is not an option.

You're 360lbs??? That's gross. Fat, stoned and tranqed out is no way to live your life.

Get a wet washcloth, microwave it for about 20 seconds and apply it to the sore spot. If you have a hot water bottle, that's even better.

GO TO THE DOCTOR.

so piggy backing on this bitch

pulled groin vs hip flexor
can't squat. pain right where the flexor would connect roughly. can leg press so far no issue (stopped at 7 plates per side). can conventional deadlift, though i pull sumo so this is a huge loss in poundage total, but not bad for my conventional (reasonably close to where i was pre injury). taking a little long to heal but not terrible yet. 2-4 weeks was the estimate online, i'm at the beginning of week 4.

anybody know anything for this? i just kind of do whatever doesn't hurt and stretch it carefully at night. what kind of stretches you do to prevent it? mine failed me obviously (and i was only working at 70%), so i'm open to input

You're huge bro. For prevention, focus on losing weight for now. You can combine that with some movements from Steve Maxwell's mobility series. You probably be spend a lot of time sitting on your ass and have weak glutes too, so try attack that issue as well. Strong glutes=less pressure on lower back, at least in my experience

Back