Back in Pride... Would a Vovchanchyn vs. Shogun fight been a good one?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What u guys say? Who would u pick to win... Igor and Mauricio, both devastating strikers :)

Shogun. He had better wins, faced tougher competition, and would have been faster. Imagine the Coleman knees but with soccer kicks.

Igor by KO. Would be awesome fight.

Vovchanchyn by ko. He is one of the better boxers that Shogun would have faced + Shogun would have either got starched, or clipped for a prolonged tko. Shogun's defense wouldn't have fared well vs Vovchanchyn.

Would have been an amazing wild fight. Would heavily favor shogun then, but anything could have happened.

i have a feeling igor would have won.

Igor was already in decline by the time Shogun was rising up around 2004 and 2005.

Igor kept hurting his hands which was also his main weapon. Dude hit so hard the impact shattered his hands over and over.

Igor had also been fighting since 1995 and he had like 80 MMA fights and 60 kickboxing fights.

Shogun was in his young 20s as Igor was slowing down.

They are essentially from two different eras. Their primes would have never coincided, however, it still could have possibly been a decent or entertaining match around 2003 or '04.

Vovchanchyn by ko. He is one of the better boxers that Shogun would have faced + Shogun would have either got starched, or clipped for a prolonged tko. Shogun's defense wouldn't have fared well vs Vovchanchyn.
what this dude say.
Shoguns legendary enduranc and chin couldn't possibly keep up with that much power and accuracy.
His takedowns would have to work before he got his head caved in, but Igor was so strong, especially against a not very physically strong 205er in Shogun.

Shogun would likely win via his ground game.

The only time Vovchanchyn was knocked out in his entire career was the LHK from Crocop.

That's absolutely insane for a guy who is 5'7 and has over 70 fights at HW, including a bunch of single night tournaments. Insane.

amazing fight
wasnt pride amazing ?
these kind of fights were at the order of the day
04 + shogun fucks igor up though

Igor with ease. Shogun has only been a good fighter for 1 maybe 2 years in his entire career.

If they were to meet in their primes, in a hypo'; I'd prob lean to Igor, I think he carried a bit too much power for Shoguns defensive boxing and would have been able to literally force his way through his arms. Who knows though. I'm sure it woulda bin fun!

Would be great if it was able to happen though.

I have no idea. One thing I do know is Pride Shogun wouldn't trade sloppy punches with Igor. He would have tried to get Igor to the ground and beat him there, probaby try and Stomp him out like he did Diabate. Shogun went the safe route with that dangerous striker took him down and slowly stomped him out lol. Pride was awesome. Igor has hands like hams though and scary power. It would have been a great fight.

I think Shogun was too technical at the time and Igor was over his prime.

Muricio (Shogun) Rua vs Sergei Kharatonov

Shogun. The striking would have been awesome. But Shogun might finish on the ground. Prime Shogun should have been Pride FC champ!!!

Back