Back from the Dead (4 years).. 5th Amatuer Fight

Pope Leo VII

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Long story short.. 4 years ago after my last fight, kru ended up moving north of the wall and the gym more or less slowly died off. Ever since then have been searching for a gym/fight team/coach I was willing to fight for (not an easy process, but thats another story)

4 years out of the ring is a long time.. took a round and a half before I felt comfortable and loose. thought he had a few illegal take downs that clearly counted (mma/single leg take down) , none the less knew it was going to be close but felt I had done enough to come away with the W. while it does suck leaving without the W, end of the day ecstatic I was finally able to show face again in the ring. opened up my eyes to a lot I need to work on.. ready to grind and keep adding to my game

Im the one rocking the irresistible beard and ink (blue corner)

as always, bring on the criticism!

The first round you definitely won, all he did was grab you and try to knee you (which I think does not score that much points in muay thai)

The second round you won (even though the guy in the read tried to make it look like a knockdown by throwing a right hand and taking your leg) that round could've gone either way, but I think they have it to you because of your technique and because the other guy was mainly throwing punches.

The third round I think went to him a little bit he was landing more and he landed more kicks then you.

None the less good fight, I never seen your other fights so i don't know how you were doing 5 years ago, but you definitely won this fight 2-1.

I thought you won. Can’t really see the punches though. He also caught and dumped you a good bit

Ok my mistake round 1 went to him, because he was more aggressive and controlled you more in that round.

Round 2 you came back landing more kicks (one thing you should work on is attacking while moving backwards and moving laterally, maybe you were good at that 4 years ago but you got to refresh on it.) You did win that round and little more advice you should try stepping back before push kicking a pressure fighter.

Round 3 could've gone either way, he did press forward a little more then you but you landed majority of the kicks which in muay thai counts more then punches. One thing you should work on is hand defense, and footwork, evasive footwork and offensive footwork (because offensive footwork would help better too[and by offensive footwork I mean footwork where you avoid punches and kicks while coming forward])

Back